Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Another senseless bike death :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Another senseless bike death :(

:rip

http://www.wbbm780.com/Motorcyclist-...ly-pai/4324625

Driver Painting Nails Hits, Kills Motorcyclist
Biker Thrown 200 Feet In Lake Zurich Accident

LAKE ZURICH, Ill. (CBS) ―
Click to enlarge
Anita Zaffke was stopped at a red light when a Chevy Impala, driven by a woman in her 40s, struck her motorcycle from behind.

A woman painting her fingernails while driving is accused in a deadly crash with a motorcycle in northwest suburban Lake Zurich over the weekend.

The incident happened in a southbound lane of Route 12 at Old McHenry Road about 5:30 p.m. Saturday, according to Lake County Sheriff's police Sgt. Scott Morrison.

Anita Zaffke, 56, of the 1500 block of Eddy Lane in Lake Zurich, died about an hour later at Advocate Good Shepard Hospital in Barrington after suffering apparent chest and abdominal injuries from being thrown from her bike, Lake County Coroner Dr. Richard Keller said.

A Monday autopsy found Zaffke died of multiple internal injuries to the chest and abdominal area, as well as a spinal fracture, according to Keller, who said the death has been ruled an accident.

Zaffke's motorcycle was stopped at a red light at the intersection — which Morrison described as being T-shaped with a stop light — when a Chevy Impala, driven by a woman in her 40s, struck the motorcycle from behind at a high rate of speed, Morrison said.

Zaffke was thrown about 200 feet from her motorcycle, according to Keller, who said she was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.

Keller said the female motorist told police she was painting her fingernails at the time of the crash and did not notice the light was red.

The woman, whom police have not identified, was cited with failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, Morrison said. She was also hospitalized following the crash for non life-threatening injuries.

"There's a lot of analysis they still have to work out on the vehicle involved in the crash to determine speed and braking," Morrison said Sunday evening. "The investigation is ongoing but there should be charges against the woman in the very near future."

Old 05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
1st Gear Member

I hope she paints her nails before heading off to the womens' prison.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Rip

Old 05-04-2009, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

That women needs her *** kicked until her nose bleeds! Then she needs her license taken away for life once she gets out of prison! Then she needs her *** kicked again for good measure!
Damn what an ignorent biatch!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 PM
1st Gear Member

****ing BUll ****

Old 05-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Dang! That absolutely sucks! That's why I always am looking in my mirrors with an escape plan ready to use just in case. That lady needs to.............I got nothing, I just don't even know how to respond...

Old 05-05-2009, 01:14 AM
1st Gear Member

We're all horrified by this news. Incidents like this are a teachable/learning moment for all of us. Whenever you're stopped behind another vehicle, always bring your bike to either the left or right side of the vehicle you are behind. This way, if you're struck from behind then you don't find yourself squished between two cars. I dunno if this tactic would have helped this poor woman survive but it's a good practice for us all. I am much more concious of vehicles behind me after I witnessed the aftermath of this bike being rear ended (I posted more pics in an older thread).

Name:  wreck1.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  209.6 KB