Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

:(

Old 03-23-2008, 04:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: :(

Honestly I thought those pictures were cool. I'd like to take my bike apart that extensively but I don't have the room to work that I can take the motor out of the frame just to check it out.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 its not the "take apart" im afariad of... its the "put back together" that gets me worried[8D]

Old 03-24-2008, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

wow

Old 03-24-2008, 02:28 AM
1st Gear Member

It gonna be fixed in time for our lake michigan ride? I'm gonna guess so since you're already that far with it.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:09 AM
1st Gear Member

aww. you guys!! c'mon!! you like that, i should post a pic of the 7-R motor i'm building for turbo power.. its a case and a few gears at the moment.. lol

sro man.. theres NO way you goaat spent all that cheddah on those parts. a 7-r head gasket is $64. valve seals are like $10. a piece, (maybe less...) and the fork seals are usually less than $10.
yes, you need (or should at least..)16 valve seals, and should do both fork seals.

i know you don't have a 7, but your bike isn't that far behind in those prices.. shouldn't be, anyway..

but someones RAPING you sir, if you're paying that much for that minimal amount of parts.

valve seals are UBER easy. UBER super killer easy at your point of disassembly.
forks.. way easy being that the bike is sans motor, and light.. lol easy to put on the stand, at least..

all easy stuff.. you need help wih anything, hit it up man.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Check the prices again... those are labor prices, plus parts. If I was having a stealership do it, I would be looking at nearly 2500 in work.

Engine is back together... waiting on a water pump gasket, then it goes back in the frame.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:05 AM
1st Gear Member

oh.. well, good deal on getting it all back together now!! lol

F paying labor.. i just snapped some pics of my (slow) masterpiece buildup.. threw it in the 7-R section.. need to take it apart the rest of the way, inspect the shift drum, forks, gears, engagement dogs, teeth, oil pumps, and a slew of other crap before deeming the bottom end safe for 15 lbs of boost and 270HP at the crank. gonna make a crank scraper and windage tray.. you should do the same while yours is out bro! get a few extra ponies...

Old 03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
1st Gear Member

If 143hp and 0-60 in 2.8 isn't fast enough for me, then I have much larger issues to worry about.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:14 AM
1st Gear Member

And...

Just picked up Stealth sprockets for the bike from Sprocket Center... $99 for the pair. It's gonna look guuuude, especially with the new chain

Old 03-30-2008, 03:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok... sprockets are on, engine is back together and in the frame... and it runs! Very well in fact!Took a moment for the oil pressure light to go out, as she was rather dry, but it is good to go. Next weekend is to tear into the forks, put the new chain on, and put on the plastic. Then I am done

I was gonna do the chain this weekend, but the buy who told me he had a rivet tool only had a press fit tool. So, I had to order the tool The new sprocket looks sexy No pix, will have it next weekend.

Oh - and btw - if you really wanna clean your wheels - mineral spirits are your friend

Side note - did my first miles of the year yesterday as well... spent 30 minutes on a 1983 Honda Interceptor 750, which had been beautifull restored... and then spent some time on an 06 ZX10. Great day. The Interceptor was a hoot to ride... pretty damn quick, and honestly - handled like a dream.

Search this Thread