Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

73 GMC truck and 72 camper

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 05:07 AM
1st Gear Member

He said he'd do $100 instead of the shotgun, which is fine, because I have about $280 into the shotgun, but I never told him how much I spent. I know they have the synthetic one for $160 at Wal-Mart. I bought the gun, then the kit. I may just put it back to normal and put the kit on my 870 Express, if not just the stock.

Picking it up this week, for sure, as long as it runs and drives home.

I may just park it on the road outside of work. All the neighboring people in the apartment complexes leave their wrecks (there are people that tow away wrecks and sell them on CraigsList) on the street in front of our store. I actually called them from their CL ad when they were blocking our stock truck.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

good to see ya around. I have no fricken clue on the gun stuff though.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:45 PM
1st Gear Member

hahaha

i must say

yes dude yes
yes big bro

i am jealous of you

lolzzzz

Old 06-25-2010, 01:54 PM
1st Gear Member

It was gonna be sick... But when I drove it home, I pulled on the camper mirror while driving down the highway to adjust it, and it almost fell out because the wood was rotted. Mom was not happy, and since rent is only $300 a month with cable/internet/food, I ended up selling the whole thing and got my money back. Then I went and got my Ruger 10/22. Gas leaked on the ground when I tried to fill it up. I think I'm just gonna get a covered trailer, or one of those pickup-bed trailers with a topper. I won't have to insure it, just register, and I can pull it behind the S10. I'll put the subs in there.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Haha. That'd be awesome. I could do what my buddy did with his school bus when he went to Burning Man. Take out the seats, put in a couple W7 15"s, put a ladder on the back and a small patio on top with astro turf so they could lounge and hit golf ***** off of it. His friends painted green and red stripes on it, which pissed him off, because he didn't want to get pulled over and searched.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Hoping to get this and just use it to camp with. I have a truck box to put in front of it. Would be great for $200 plus about $65 perm registration.

http://montana.craigslist.org/cto/1771550017.html

Old 07-11-2010, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Bought a trailer, not the one above. $350, has battery hookups and enclosures, but the batteries (Trojan brand?) are dead and expanded. I want a quick-connect system with a shut-off and a good marine battery so I can plug it into my truck and charge it on the way to camp. I have a 2A/10A/55A charger or a battery tender too, if I want to go that route, but he has 4 AWG welding wire ran to the front of the trailer for hookups. The wheels/tires are from a full-size Chevy 6-lug. Has two lockers welded into the roof, a prep-table on the side for cooking, and inside there's a small bench to sleep on and a fold-up table to eat or work on. Has the small version school-bus windows on the side and back, and vents up top. I'm putting the cheap Kenwood stereo with some speakers, an Alpine amp, and a MTX 10" sub inside. Will see about upgrading the subs, but there isn't a ton of room. I may cut the box and do the 10" L7, but that may be overkill for the amp because I don't want clipping, and I don't want to kill the battery with the HCCA-D2400. If I had dual-batteries, I might. The MTX will be fine for regular listening. I have some red cold cathode tubes to hook up inside for mood lighting. I might run by the bar and say, "Wanna go back to my place?" Turn on the red lights, show her my O-face, you know what I'm saying.

It has two ammo boxes, one on each side, and a propane enclosure for dual tanks, which would only be necessary if I was staying somewhere all summer or for a couple weeks in the winter. But I'd need the tanks, lines, and a propane heater.

Will post some pictures soon. I just wanna work on it until it's too hot.

But, recommendations for a marine battery and where to get one? It will probably be O'Reilly's or Wal-Mart, since I have a small ball to return, got it for the other trailer. There's also a Batteries Plus store here, but they're probably expensive. I'd go there if they have a special battery that they only sell.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Deep cycle marine batteries are easy to come by, sears has them if noone else does. You can also get a adapter with threaded studs you can mount on the battery studs so you can use wingnuts to connect and disconnect it (if the battery doesnt already have it, some do), cheapest way to do a quick connect. Have fun with it!

Old 07-12-2010, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Got the big marine at O'Reilly's for $90. Hooking up distribution blocks, amp, sub, and quick stereo job. Have some speakers that will do for now.

Quick Reply: 73 GMC truck and 72 camper