Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

250 vs 06 zx-6r

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 AM
1st Gear Member
Default 250 vs 06 zx-6r

I forgot to post this story on the kawi forums, dunno how.... but here goes. All this happened about a month ago...

My buddy and I have EX250's and decided to cross the bridge from Georgia to South Carolina and do some riding one day. Now, if any of you have seen the movie "The Legend of Bager Vance" with Will Smith and Matt Damon, we were riding around that golf course where it was shot, beautiful sun set, perfect weather. Well... we come up to this T-section and I double look the corner of the road... is that? What the hell? That's a bump-barrier! (you, know, the red and white things on race tracks). So I take a left go around a long banking turn and onto a freaking straight with a pit-lane... dear god I've stumbled upon an abandoned race track! All the concrete walls were deteriorating but the track was still good (I think they use it as a road but there it goes no-where so... no ones ever on it). I'm freaking out, this is awesome! Well my buddy and I go around the track and I'm hauling ***, downshifting and braking perfecting, exiting out of the corners wide enough to scrap the edge of the grass. Just amazing!

Now the track goes through the golf course a bit and goes back into a public road, and so we keep turning around and redoing the course. We meet back up at the straight, have a cigg and these two small lights appear from the end of the straight... a 2006 black ZX-6R. We meet the guy and kick a leg together around the track. I'm leading first because the guy hasn't gone around much either (bone stock ZX-6R btw), and I'm going all out. We turn around and head back to the front straight and after turning around in the parking lot behind pit-lane I tell him to go in front, I wanna see his bike haul.

Now he is kind of a beginner but he wasn't afraid to punch it and get leaning butI would say I'm slightly more experienced and know what I'm doing. And the track is not a small track, but meh... a 600 is more than enough for it. Anyways, he heads off and I am right on this guys ***, on the back straight he kills me of course but I know how to brake and enter corners and I kept right on his ***. At one point he looked back in the corner and shook his head in disbelief that I was still there. When we pull over he shakes his head again and is just shocked that I was keeping up.

Honestly, it was so invigorating (spl) to ride around this course with a zX-6r, and yeah a lot of you have this bike or something faster, but I'm a beginner, riding since December (about 10,000 miles so far) and have been dreaming of owning a bike since playing Road Rash on Sega Genesis when I was 6. But yeah, it was such a great feeling, I dunno, seems kinda childish,I was smiling somuch when he began pulling wheelies next to me,but I was also just surprised at how well I was keeping up. Anyways, that's the story, thought you might enjoy it.

/post

Old 03-31-2007, 10:38 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 250 vs 06 zx-6r

LOL! I remember roadrash! I love a "ninja 250 that could" story. 250's are so under estimated by everyone.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:10 PM
1st Gear Member

I know, I love this bike man!

I would give up PS2 and Tourist Trophey to have Road Rash again.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member

lol! That might be pushing it a little.[8D]

Old 03-31-2007, 09:23 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I need to find an emulator for that game so i can play the original one.
ORIGINAL: Mott Power

I know, I love this bike man!

I would give up PS2 and Tourist Trophey to have Road Rash again.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

God bless video game emulation!

Theres a few old games I wouldn't mind playing again.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:28 AM

Lets bring back Super Mario World!!! Oh wait... I still have my old SNES.. with that game...

Old 04-01-2007, 05:47 AM
1st Gear Member

For some reason, I thought it would be a great idea to crush my NES when I got the sega. Even though the NES never seemed to work right, I still wish I had it.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:28 AM
1st Gear Member

NES was the Bomb diggity.... whatever that means

Old 04-01-2007, 07:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Yo diggity!

Sounds so nineties. lol

Quick Reply: 250 vs 06 zx-6r