Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

2 stars

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 2 stars

i don't necessarily charge extra to tear the shingles. could care less lol, people are either going to get me to roof their house because i know what i'm talking about or they're going to turn me away because i'm a woman. those are my only two options here really. not much in the grey area when you're a small girl in const. but i'd still never personally do a reroof without the re part lol

Old 02-20-2008, 10:09 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zzrick

You are crazy KB, if there is no damage/leaks, and the roof is solid it is preventative maintenance to apply a new roof over the existing one. If there are leaks than it needs to be ripped open. If you are getting the roof torn off every time you are wasting money. It isn't just making it look new again...lol...it is putting a new roof on.
if the rood isn't damaged and its not leaking then it doesn't need a new roof [8D] so anything put ontop is purely cosmetic.

usually when i showed up on the scene the customers roof had been leaking so they hired someone to slap another layer on top and then 1-2 years later it was leaking again so they called me in to actually fix it correctly.

my field was primarily custom remodeling, additions and historic restorations.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member

That requires too much effort!