Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

10 year ban for wheelie in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:40 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 10 year ban for wheelie in Miami

Honestly, I think a 10 year is too harsh. Boot against *** for aspell with the correct learning is appropriate. I have done a couple of stupid things in my past as well.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

I was a young, dumb,private. I got into so much trouble with my car it's rediculous. But it took a lot for them to take my license. If I would have been on a bike, they would have crucified me. They need to start worrying about what's killing people left and right and stop singling out bikes. Hell, new riders can accidently pull a wheelie and end up banned from the M license for 10 years? Hell with that! All these laws are going to do is cause more people to ride without a license. As far as the license plates, those that have it so they can run from the cops are going to have them and run from the cops with them, whether they are legal or not.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:45 PM

I could care less if this is in effect. It will not impact me because I do not ride in that manner. This law will weed out the crazy types that will eventually hurt themselves or others. The street is not a playground. If you want to do this type of stuff head for a deserted parking lot or other area out of traffic.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member

The streets not a playground....really?

Old 12-13-2007, 06:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Punished does not equal reformed, you have to decide whether you want the individual to suffer for their actions or to learn from them and make a positive change, you cant do both in our society(just look at our prison system full of repeat offenders, some systems in other countries do a great job of reforming criminals, but that is a different discussion). Uping the punishment won't do anything since most people think they will never be caught and the thrill is worth the risk of being caught. If you want to fix the problem, you must teach the offender that the goal of riding is not to get away with doing wicked moves on the streets, but to not kill yourself or the people around you. Any punishment withouteducation of offenders merely opresses the people who enjoy the sport, and pisses off the guys who go out and do this crap, making them want to rub it in everyone's face, and giving the good guys a bad name.