Hi! Needd help! Searching manual for kawa zx9 b3

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 05:21 AM
Default Hi! Needd help! Searching manual for kawa zx9 b3

Hi everyone!
I need kawasaki zx900 1996.year manual I can't find ...
Help me pls! Thanks!

Old 06-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Try the "manuals" section. If all else fails, tell me what you're looking for. I have the shop manual for the '95 model. You might just swallow hard and buy one, if you plan to keep the bike.
Welcome to the forums. We can get you going.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:02 PM

HI! I find one manual for my bike kawa zx900 b3 1996. year, but in language what I not understand ****. There in manual section I not find manual for my bike It look like need to buy it because I before yesterday shuffle all my bike and need some assistance from manual.
I clear carburettors and all other cleaning in fuel system. And else some things! Now I want to change gear wheel and chain.

If someone can help wit manual than it be very cool!
Yehaa

JeffZX9 /Welcome to the forums. We can get you going./ - thanks

Old 06-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Try this link: DataManuals

This is the SERVICE manual; not the shop manual. However, it will cover the majority of your needs unless you're doing a complete engine overhaul.

Here is a link for the Haynes manual. Not as complete as the actual Kawasaki shop manual, but will cover the majority of what you need: Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R, ZX9R Repair Manual 1994-2004 Service & Repair Manuals You can also possibly find this at your local bookstore, or they could order for you.

If you MUST have the 2" thick shop manual, go to your local Kawasaki dealer and order one. Will probably cost around $100.

"Changing your gear wheel and chain" sounds like you are changing your sprocket(s) and chain? You probably don't need a manual to do that.
....sitting at my desk at the office......you'll need a 12mm wrench for the chain adjuster bolts, one 1 1/8" (I think) wrench to loosen the axle castle nut, and a hex bit socket to remove the rear brake caliper. Put bike on rearstand. Loosen the chain adjusters, loosen the axle nut, remove brake caliper, slide wheel assembly forward in the swingarm, slip chain off the rear sprocket, (slide the axle out of the swingarm...) slide wheel assembly to the rear and out of swingarm. If you're installing a new chain, disassemble chain at master link or use chain breaker. Installing new sprockets and chain is pretty straightforward from there. Make sure you get the rear brake caliper "slot" lined-up properly; this can be frustrating.
Did I leave anything out? Let me know.

Last edited by jeffzx9; 06-29-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:45 PM

Hi! Thanks you dude! You are cool !

/ sounds like you are changing your sprocket(s) and chain? / Yeap, really easy!

This is my first year with bike and first time I do that all! I before think that all that is hard to do but it is not so hard only need time and patience!

I do all upkeep or how to say - change oil, oil filter, clear carburertters and clear all fuel system, have some problems with electronic -> revamp.

And today I have problem with that my bike die and I can't start it , that happens not in home but some km from home.... suck grrr.... . I can't find problems about 4-5hours But then I find it ; first be that been cramped fuel snorkel, but it not started even when I straighten it then I blow air in snorkel (in fuel pump) to move fuel to carburators and it starts. Not working fuel pump I think that be needed to change it but it is only relay problem jehaa

Last edited by nakedear; 07-03-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:53 PM

aaaa and sorry for my language I know that I have many mistakes in writting!

when I buy relay I start to learn wheelie
I try few - it is not really so easy but step by step carefully I learn it I think need to buy some protectors for bike

Last edited by nakedear; 07-03-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Nake, if you're going to "learn to do wheelies," you may want to take your body-plastic off NOW, before you crack it to pieces. The old bodywork can be pretty expensive to replace.
Glad to be of help. Be careful.