Tire Upgrade Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Tire Upgrade Help

I'm getting ready to get some new tires for my '08 and wanted some suggestions on which tire will keep the bikes performance in check while allowing some increased cornering confidence. Been looking at the Dunlop Dunlop TireROADSMART but I'm not certain if a sport touring tire is the way to go on this beast. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!

Old 01-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Rode with my bro and buddy using these on their HD's during a road trip. They did not cup as the Dunlops did either. Something to consider.

DIABLO ROSSO II , Motorcycle Tires - PIRELLI US

Old 01-29-2012, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the link. I'm kinda leaning toward the Avon Storm ST2 or because of their great grip in rain, because you know it always rains on a trip!

Old 02-11-2012, 03:57 PM

I've got the Dunlop Roadsmarts on my VFR (same weight with a lot less horsepower), and they're great. Handle extremely well in the rain and last forever. Looks like I'll get 12K miles or so out of this set and I ride pretty hard. I'm replacing the VFR with a 14, which is why I'm down here.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

really? The VFR is a good street ride I thought. But the 14 would be a nice tourer.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:13 AM
1st Gear Member

just bought the Dunlop sportmax Q2's for my bike yesterday i rode today for over 200 miles and all i can say is wow after the tire scrubs in these thing are amazing they have a lot of grip in the corners and ride strait down the road. Hope this helps you out a little.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bluebeast
just bought the Dunlop sportmax Q2's for my bike yesterday i rode today for over 200 miles and all i can say is wow after the tire scrubs in these thing are amazing they have a lot of grip in the corners and ride strait down the road. Hope this helps you out a little.
I was thinking the Tour Max 2 might be the way to go, especially on longer rides where bad weather can happen. How do you like the feel of the Sport Max? While I enjoy the handling aspects of sport tires in perfect conditions, the lightness of the tire can be a bumpier ride. Let me know 'cus if they feel stable at speed (and this bike has speed/torque like nothing else) and still keep the bumps down with a bike this weight, i'm gonna look at them.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bassjones
I've got the Dunlop Roadsmarts on my VFR (same weight with a lot less horsepower), and they're great. Handle extremely well in the rain and last forever. Looks like I'll get 12K miles or so out of this set and I ride pretty hard. I'm replacing the VFR with a 14, which is why I'm down here.
Thanks and good luck on getting the 14! You'll never need another bike.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member

brook take a look at my ride report on my new tires if you look at the pic's that is what the tires looked like after 200 miles on them. Some of the way was highway some of it was some bends back and forth. Over all the tires felt great all of the way on the trip. They were slick at first in till i got some heat in them and the tires scrubbed in. Over all i'm happy with the Q2's

Old 02-14-2012, 11:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Blue! Look like they do the job really well.

Quick Reply: Tire Upgrade Help