New rider bike not starting

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:52 PM

Thank ya'll for your posts, this will really help. In regards to the battery when i purchased it i put it on the trickle charger for 16 hours as this was what was recommended on another site. the battery is fully charged and have no problem keeping a charge. I did not drain the old gas and when I got it running i just went and filled the tank up assuming that it was just the battery issue. i guess my next step is to drain gas and clean out carburetors. I will check the plugs too, but when I got the bike the previous owner had done a tune-up. the bike ran perfectly when i had it but i left the key on like an idiot and stepped inside for a few minutes. I got sidetracked and that few minutes turned into 5 hours and i couldn't get it running again so i let it sit over winter. new battery fully charged it fired right up and ran the whole day for me. it wasn't till the next morning that it wouldn't fire up and backfired on me a couple times. hopefully its just a gas issue and once fixed i can get it going. thanks again for ya'lls help. any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.