New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Old but New

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Old but New

Well hello from South Georgia. I have been lurking here for information and joined a few days ago. Thought I'd never find a good KLX250. I contacted everyone that posted a for sale here and 6 guys on Craigslist. Problem is that guys get so hyped up when they sell their KLX and have that money in hand that they don't take, or forget to taketime to mark it sold! Bad. So some of the guys that I contacted talked to me over tha phone and also via email, like "Crazy man it's sold." Mark it so. Well that's my feeble input.

I've raced lots of things about 35 years ago from a Yamaha IT175 to a Husky WR450. Enduro and some MX.But 'got out' of biking about 23 years ago. Some how in the time span since then, I've retired, sold some property and mysteriously passed my 70th birthday. Lord I feel like I've just come out of a cave somewhere. Where has all this technology come from? In the past 20 months I've purchased a new 2006 Black Kawa Nomad, dressed it out way too much and put 18,xxx miled on it. Seven months ago I purchased a 2002 Metallic Silver GL1800 with 9,137 miles on it and it's sitting in the barn with 28,86x miles on it and a Saddle Sore 1,000 behind it. We did 1,162 miles in 18 hours back on my 70th BD on Feb 25th.It's sitting next to it's Hannigan Europa II trailer in the same color. My wife thinks I've become either senile or sufferfing from manic depression. I think I'm just trying to relive some of the earlier good years now that I've got the time.

I did finally find a most beautiful KLS250.It followed me home tonight via a crowded I-75 from Kennisaw, GA.Previous owner is Logan Sesco from Blairesville, GA. Logan and his lovely wife, Michelle, met me in Kennisaw late this afternoon in the parking lot in front of a TJ Max and I loaded up the bike and just drove into Valdosta at about 30 min after midnight on this Sat morning. The bike looks about 99.7% new. Logan kept appologizing because it was a bit dusty. I thought he had chromed the wheels. Just a little wear on the right engine case. The amazing thing is that I called his cel about 8:30 Friday morning, he was there, the bike had not sold a month ago when he first posted it and he agreed to drive down from Blairesville to Kennesaw which saved me mucho time. From about 9:30 this morning until I left at 1:30, I got a 2 inch ball, borrowed a trailer, aired the tires in the van and trailer, got the money straight did some honey do's, got a bit to eatand headed out.Time was of the essence here. Still the trip up and back was almost 11 hours on the road. It was worth it. Can't wait until I have time later today to get into things and take it to the woods.

I will be wanting to make some mods and I think the first thing I'll do is to replace the 'stem' turn signals for something that doesn't stick out. Some of you, I know, can tell me what I need and where to order it fromto make this thing a little personal. Help will be appreciated.

So you guys hooked me good here on this forum and I appreciate it. Gonna be fun to get back to the dirt.

Tommy Connell (tconnell)
Valdosta, GA

2006 Back Nomad
2002 Silver GL1800
2007 Silver Hannigan
2007 KLX250

Old 03-29-2008, 05:35 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Old but New

70 is the new 30 so ride on F.T.W. style and welcome to the family

Old 03-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well if 70 is the new 30, the does that make 43 the new 15? Wait, 3 divided by the square root of......forget it I hate math. Welcome Tommy, sounds like you know what you are doing, in fact you may just be the older member on here now. What other knowledge do you possess? Again welcome, and don't let these young punks give you any grief, besides you probably already forgot more than we know.[8D] Good to have you on board man.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new toy and welcome to KF!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:14 PM
1st Gear Member

That's awesome and welcome to KF.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:55 AM
1st Gear Member

I agree completely with the statement above, welcome to the forum.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the KF family Tommy. Ride on!

And Deej... no matter what, you will always be the resident old-guy.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:11 AM
1st Gear Member

welcome to the forums!

Old 03-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Old 04-01-2008, 08:35 AM
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF man!!
good to have ya here!

sounds like you've got some borderline iron-butt rally stories, eh?

its always story time here, somewhere..

Quick Reply: Old but New