New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Noob from Maine

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Default Noob from Maine

Greetings! My name is Sean and I'm originally from Elmira, NY but now live in Portland, Maine. I'm looking to get a Ninja 500 soon. My Dad started me out by riding his Ninja 250 about 4 months ago, and I really liked it and did good. So I'm signed up for an MSF course on Sept 6th and 7th! I bought all my gear already, so I'm ready to ride!

Old 08-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Noob from Maine

Welcome and nice to hear you are starting out doing all the right things. Better hurry before the white stuff comes and ruins the riding.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to KF!!! Portland is a nice spot (been through there in the car a couple of times!) Good luck on the MSF and I hope you find a 500 soon! They're fun as all get out!!

Old 08-21-2006, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Better hurry before the white stuff comes and ruins the riding.
Yes, the MSF course I'm taking is the 2nd to last one offered this year! I hope to get at least a month of riding in before I have to put my future bike away for the winter.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Welcome to KF!!! Portland is a nice spot (been through there in the car a couple of times!) Good luck on the MSF and I hope you find a 500 soon! They're fun as all get out!!
Thanks! I do like this area, there's lots of good places to go riding, and I have a co-worker that rides everywhere on his bike. I hope to commute to work on my bike and save some money on gas!
I have my eye on a 2006 lime green 500. But I'm not sure if I want to spend that much on a first bike. It's on sale for $4,500 though.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: CaddyDaddy

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Better hurry before the white stuff comes and ruins the riding.
Yes, the MSF course I'm taking is the 2nd to last one offered this year! I hope to get at least a month of riding in before I have to put my future bike away for the winter.
You guys got hit pretty hard last winter - didn't you? Maybe it was the winter before...... anyways, I'm in New Brunswick - I didn't put my bike away until close to mid November last year, believe it or not, the bike seemed to be much more responsive in the cooler temps! Other than worrying about cold pavement - I really enjoyed riding that late into the season.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: bluebird

You guys got hit pretty hard last winter - didn't you? Maybe it was the winter before...... anyways, I'm in New Brunswick - I didn't put my bike away until close to mid November last year, believe it or not, the bike seemed to be much more responsive in the cooler temps! Other than worrying about cold pavement - I really enjoyed riding that late into the season.
I lived in Connecticut last winter, and it was a mild one down there. So I'll see how this winter goes! As long as the pavement is dry, I have no problem riding in the cold. I like the cold!

Old 08-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Then you'll like Maine! Last winter it was really mild here - there was one day they had to take the ice fishing shacks off the ice cause it had reached 14 degrees (celcius) in January. The shacks were going through. Not much of a season for that last winter!

Old 08-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Old 08-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum..... post some pics.....

Quick Reply: Noob from Maine