New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

no idea first bike?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Default no idea first bike?!

Well finally mom said i can get a motorcycle . The only thing is i am a no experiance rider with not even a idea what to get unless i base it on the look. I have a 13k limit so practically anything and i really like the look of the kawasaki motorcycles. My only concerns are people are telling me that its not smart to get 900+cc bike but a 600cc they say it will be to much power and you'll be screwd. I just want to know if thats true and i am also 6'1 so is there any motorcycle that better fits the taller kids?

Old 10-22-2007, 01:02 AM
Default RE: no idea first bike?!

I just got my 07 ninja 500 yesterday as my first bike and I love it! I think 600 is the highest you should go as your first bike. I'm 6' tall and the 500 is perfect for me. It is easy on you when your just learning and when you start getting the hang of it then you can really get some kick out of it. I was surprised with how fast it accelerates.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!
You have no experience what so ever? No dirt riding experience, flat track, etc? hmm, forget the dollar amount available,get a rat 125 or 250cc dirt ride to gain some knowledge. Everyone is different in their mentality. So not knowing this, stick with the small bores for now and graduate/experience to something a bit bigger.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:33 AM
1st Gear Member

As you still need permission I'm guessing you are between 16 and 20. You can pretty much learn on anything depending on what you have to live for. We have had people here in theirlate 20's to early 30's who learned on liter bikes with no problems but they all had a good job, wife, kids, and other things that kept them out of the deadlier envelopes until they could handle them. When I was 17 all I had to live for was speed, and if my first car didn't turn faster than it accelerated I could name at least 4 occasions in which I definately wouldn't be here today. As it sits I still have my first car, and can push it even further with the experiances I've had.

So to answer your question If your looking for a sportbike, go with the Ninja 500. You will beat all your freind's cars at the stoplights, have enough speed to pass them on the freeway, and when you make a mistake (believe me you will), you will have the oppurtunity to learn from it and improve your skills, instead of just being an example for the next guy.

Man do I sound kinda preachy tonight?

Old 10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
1st Gear Member

reverend prom^^

Old 10-22-2007, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF

Old 10-22-2007, 03:43 PM
1st Gear Member

i got my first bike when i was 21. my dad wouldnt let me have a bike and he use to have one years ago. My bike fell into my lap pretty much and i couldnt pass on it. I was mature enough at the age of 21 to handle the responisiblity. at the age of 16 i got pulled over non stop for speeding. ive finally learned if i had a bike back then i would have been dead.depending on your maturity level i would wait to get a bike. sorry to burst your bubble bro but im lookin out for your life

Old 10-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Old 10-22-2007, 06:51 PM
1st Gear Member

First of, welcome to the KF family. I had a bike before I had a car, and my maturity level rivaled that of a six year old. I'm still here! I wouldn't get anything bigger than 650cc for a first bike. I would have to say a 500 is a perfect starter bike. For somebody your age, I would actually consider either a 500 or a 250. Then again, I don't know much about you. If I would have started out on a 600, I wouldn't be here. Get a smaller bike that you can enjoy while you are learning. Gear up and ride safe.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh man this is too easy. But then again did you guys expect anything less?[8D]

Quick Reply: no idea first bike?!