New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Newbie from Ventura County, CA

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Default Newbie from Ventura County, CA

Hello, everyone! I've been lurking for a short time and have utilized this forum to make what I hope is a great decision about a new '06 Nomad. I've been riding for almost two years now and started with a great bike: a new 06 suzuki Boulevard C50T. I had a blast on that bike as it was my first ever. I put over 11,000 miles on it in under 2 years, customized and modified it to my liking, and enjoyed every mile on it.

I took the MSF course before getting the bike and am glad I did. I was very active on the Volusia Riders chat forum (DS06C50T), made a lot of good acquaintances there, and even head-manned a weekend get together for CA riders in Big Sur, Ca.

I'm 45 years young, am a sanitation engineer (someone's gotta do it!), and live in beautiful Ventura County, Ca. My longest ride was to Vegas (solo); shortest ride to the store for "soda"! I plan on taking longer and longer rides / trips with the Nomad since it'll be better on the highway (heavier, etc) than the Bully. I see trips to Palm Springs, Lake Havasu (AZ), and northern Cal in the not-too-distant future.

I take delivery of my new '06 Nomad (hae to change my name here from '07 to 06 Nomad!) in a week and a half and can't wait! Arranged the purchase to include a few extra goodies: luggage rack, lightbar with visors, V&H Baggers, and PCIII. Will wait on an air intake to see how the stock unit performs with the other upgrades. Any input/suggestions on air intake units are welcome...

Sorry to be a bit long-winded as an intro, but I'm REALLY excited about this bike. The Bully was the sensible choice as a starter; this Nomad is MY choice of exactly what the bike I want to ride/own is and should be! Oh, and BTW, it's all black... clearly the fastest color!!!

Cheers,
Daryl

Old 10-07-2007, 10:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Newbie from Ventura County, CA

Glad you're enjoying your ride!

Old 10-07-2007, 10:22 PM

Thanks, I can't wait to in about 2 weeks when I go pick it up at the dealership! Cant' wait for that "first ride"...

Question: how do I change my name on this forum? I thought I was going to buy a '07 but I ended up with an '06 so I need to change my name from DS07Nomad to DS06Nomad....

Thanks!
Daryl

Old 10-07-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't think it's possible change your name. Since you only have a few posts, you could always start over.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:30 PM

that's true.... no biggy since I'm so new on this forum. I sent an E to the website asking. If I can I can, if not... I'll start back up with a new login...

No biggy,
Daryl

Old 10-07-2007, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member

You may want to use a user name non-relevant to your bike. That way it's future proof.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:42 PM

Oh, see now you're going to make me have to use my brain to think up something clever (other than the obligatory initilas + bike description logon name)... LOL. A good idea though; thanks. I'll see what I can come up with... I'm already trying to think of clever things for a personalized license plate [sm=headbang.gif]

Cheers,
Daryl

Old 10-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

congrats on the new purchase.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:08 PM

Thanks, Dragon... nice Mean Greenie!!!

daryl

Old 10-08-2007, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=welcomesign.gif]to the madness,you could have bought a klx250 and joined us moles.

Quick Reply: Newbie from Ventura County, CA