New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New Rider

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 04:06 AM
1st Gear Member
Default New Rider

Hey all,

Newish rider here, looking to buy my first bike. I'm hoping to make it a Ninja of some variation. (Questions to come!) I've ridden before and taken the BRC, courtesy of the USAF.

Before I joined the service, a friend had let me go riding with him and loaned me an older ZX6 and I really enjoyed it. It was a little heavy, but I loved every second of it... until I laid it down. It was an experience and I'm grateful to be alive.

At any rate, it didn't scare me from wanting to continue riding and now I'm finally in a position to buy my own. I'm sure I'll be hitting up the veterans here on the boards a lot in the next few days so please, bear with me! Thanks!

Old 01-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF. Combining the bike choice to meet your expectations may be the only challenge. There are some really helpfull members in here, so ask away.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to Kawasaki Forums

Old 01-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.....have you considered the KLX 250S? hehehehe sorry I had to...its in my programming now.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Welcome to the forums.....have you considered the KLX 250S? hehehehe sorry I had to...its in my programming now.
LOL, nah. Not looking for any thing less then ~600cc. :P

Old 01-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Cool Good choice of bike.

Originally Posted by neefta
Hey all,

Newish rider here, looking to buy my first bike. I'm hoping to make it a Ninja of some variation. (Questions to come!) I've ridden before and taken the BRC, courtesy of the USAF.

Before I joined the service, a friend had let me go riding with him and loaned me an older ZX6 and I really enjoyed it. It was a little heavy, but I loved every second of it... until I laid it down. It was an experience and I'm grateful to be alive.

At any rate, it didn't scare me from wanting to continue riding and now I'm finally in a position to buy my own. I'm sure I'll be hitting up the veterans here on the boards a lot in the next few days so please, bear with me! Thanks!
Hey Myself kessy and i like your choice of bike. because its very good for the first bike rider and your bikes Auto Parts is also very original. my first bike is also this.
Thanks.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:51 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Old 02-10-2010, 12:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neefta
Hey all,

Welcome to the Kawi Family!!! If you do make ninja your choice of ride you will have to take the AF Sport Bike Course as well...just let your unit motorcycle rep know you are new and need some road time before you take that class... ...good luck with your purchase!

Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 PM
1st Gear Member

If you want to learn to ride a sportsbike well you need to start with a 250. It's hard work, which is why you learn so much on it, but still great fun. Start on anything bigger and you develop a certain laziness - a tendency to let the power do the work when you don't really need it to - that for most people stops them ever being as good as they could be.

Plus the fact that it increases you chances of living to see old age if you start small.

Rob