New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New From NC

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Default New From NC

Just purchased a 81 750LTD that was literally in a barn for x years. Don't know exactly what I have, but it's mine....

I had a KZ900 in 76 that I bought brand new for $2,400, this reminded my of that, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Motor turns over..... it's a start. If anyone has any words of wisdom, or just wants to laugh, I'm ready..... I have 3 kids, so I don't scare easily.......

Old 02-07-2011, 01:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome! Turn it into a madmax replica...similar to Toecutters bike.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stroker331
Welcome! Turn it into a madmax replica...similar to Toecutters bike.
hmm. Can't seem to find a member named "Toecutter".... am kicking around a few ideas from bone stock to bobber and everything in between. Need to perform an assessment first.....hooked a battery to it, got lights and guages, but no juice to starter.......

Old 02-08-2011, 04:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by catseye
hmm. Can't seem to find a member named "Toecutter".... am kicking around a few ideas from bone stock to bobber and everything in between. Need to perform an assessment first.....hooked a battery to it, got lights and guages, but no juice to starter.......
'Toecutter' was the boss of the bad guys in the movie madmax. He rode a kz1000, I believe, with rear sets and a small fairing. Looked cool sorta like a ratrod.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Stroker331
'Toecutter' was the boss of the bad guys in the movie madmax. He rode a kz1000, I believe, with rear sets and a small fairing. Looked cool sorta like a ratrod.
oh...don't mind me, I'm old.......

Old 02-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Old 02-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Looks like a project....or its from the projects...LOL? Just messing with ya, welcome to the forums, we love projects like that, keep us informed and let us know how we can help.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by deej
Looks like a project....or its from the projects...LOL? Just messing with ya, welcome to the forums, we love projects like that, keep us informed and let us know how we can help.
Oh, yeah, it's going to be a....I don't know what yet. I'm not really sure where to start. I got a Clymer, so I'm thumbing through that. I think what will determine whether this becomes a project or a bunch of parts on Ebay is what it takes to get the motor started. You may regret the offer to be of help ......