New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

new member from upstate NY!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 04:46 PM
1st Gear Member
Default new member from upstate NY!!

Hello hello hello,my name is Jake,I'm 20 years old,from Albany,NY and I'm new to the forums.I recently bought a new (new to me) 98 Ninja ZX9R this past Monday.Took care of all the paperwork Thursday and have been riding like crazy since then.Technically it is my first bike,although I've been riding other types of bikes for many years now.It's the kawasaki green with undertail lights,flush mount turn signals,D&D bolt-on exhaust and HID's coming soon (hopefully).The bike has 17,4xx miles,never been dumped/dropped and is amazing,I love it.
I don't know too much about these exact bikes so if anybody has any advice on things I should check before getting to involved with it I would appreciate it (Ex. preventative maintenance).
On to a couple pics I took. Enjoy!!

More photos will come with time

The day I brought it home

Old 06-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF and congrats on that Rocket. Gear up and ride safe. That D&D exhaust is a loud one.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Hey '99, looks GREAT! You don't see too many 9's anymore, especially in that good of shape. (I would invest in a rear hugger, just to keep the muck off your tail.) Keep up with your maintenance, and she'll run a long, long time.
Welcome aboard. Gear up; stay safe.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sorry for the late welcome...so....welcome to the forums!!!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:49 PM

Welcome.. I am from fishkill but I got a place up in broadalbin too..
I plan on getting a bike to ride back and forth..
I havent been able to find many used bikes though.. atleast nothing that peeked my interest. I got to look at craigslist

Old 06-06-2012, 10:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
Welcome to KF and congrats on that Rocket. Gear up and ride safe. That D&D exhaust is a loud one.
Thanks! Yeah,it definitely gets me some looks when I'm around 7k rpms haha

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
Hey '99, looks GREAT! You don't see too many 9's anymore, especially in that good of shape. (I would invest in a rear hugger, just to keep the muck off your tail.) Keep up with your maintenance, and she'll run a long, long time.
Welcome aboard. Gear up; stay safe.
Thanks.Before i bought this I was looking into the 10's but couldnt find anything in my price range and this showed up one day on CL,snatched it up fast lol.

Originally Posted by deej
Sorry for the late welcome...so....welcome to the forums!!!
Sorry for the late thank you...so...thank you!!!

Originally Posted by GQ4Life
Welcome.. I am from fishkill but I got a place up in broadalbin too..
I plan on getting a bike to ride back and forth..
I havent been able to find many used bikes though.. atleast nothing that peeked my interest. I got to look at craigslist
I got lucky searching on craigslist,and found this.I looked everyday for 2 months before something interesting came up lol.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

So the bike is in the shop today getting new tires.I did some research and decided on Shinko 005 fronts and rears.I should be getting it back Friday evening after work,just in time for a local car meet.
Before I got the tires I went for a nice cruise with my dad and his 2001 Custom.I don't know anything about his bike except the guy he bought it from did all the work and it cost more than a couple bucks lol.
Enough talk,time for some pics!!

In retrospect I wish I got better shots of my dads bike.The amount of detail put in the airbrush on the gas tank,fenders,motor,mirrors etc. is unbelievable.Maybe next time

Old 06-06-2012, 10:26 PM

Nice!!!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

The ride really looks super clean. I have not tried out the shinko tires yet.

Nice pics of your dads bike as well, but as you mentioned, I wouldn't mind seeing more of the airbrush details on the custom.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

As promised,after a long break,I got better pictures of my dads bike for your enjoyment.Here ya go! (kinda pic heavy)
gas tank

rear fender

alot of the bolts are skull faces

The motor is a RevTech 100 cubic in. which I was told is around a 1700cc.

front fender

mirrors are flames

A couple days after the ride with my dad, a group of my friends decided they wanted to take one.took a pic at the gas station.

LEFT TO RIGHT,kawasaki ninja zx9-r,kawasaki ninja 650r,suzuki gsxr 750 custom,suzuki gs500,suzuki gsx750 katana,kawasaki ninja 600.

Also wanted to add that I upgraded my helmet and bought a jacket.
HJC CL-16 (I have a clear visor for night riding as well)

Icon Overlord Textile Jacket

Quick Reply: new member from upstate NY!!