New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New member from Indiana

Old 02-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Default New member from Indiana

First bike was a Ninja 650R (well, first bike after a 10 year layoff), then a VFR800A and now I'm seriously considering either a ZX14 or Concours 14. Leaning towards the ZX with quick release racks and Givi V35 bags. Just wish the ZX had ABS here in the states.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I am not a fan of ABS yet, but if I read correctly, the cams and tuning between the two are the major differences? am sure there are others, but I would probably sport the 14 in street dress first. Although the connie would be a second option. No ABS for me.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!

Old 02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Old 02-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Banned

hai friends i am new to this site and very happy to meet you all.........

Old 02-24-2012, 01:04 PM
1st Gear Member

My Honda ST 1300 has front and rear ABS, and its the BOMB!!! I tested it out on the road to work last summer, we had sand from the snow plow still on the road and I grabbed the brakes to see what it would do, it was sooooo cool, the tires slipped for a nano second and then powered down to a stop perfectly!

Old 02-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Deejer, just curious, does the ABS "pulse" or "bang" like in a cage? I disconnected the ABS on my Rover because I hated it. Brakes were too vague feeling. I think ABS is a good thing ONLY if people familiarize themselves with it in THEIR VEHICLE. If they don't, they will freak-out the first panic stop they get into. I'm not a fan....
I'm sure it's much different on a bike?

GADZZZ; Bass, please forgive my rudeness. Welcome to the forums. Didn't mean to divert the thread. How did you like the VFR? I thought those were nicely styled. Sounds like you may do some touring or long haul? You a fan of ABS, it seems?

Last edited by jeffzx9; 02-24-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Poor judgement.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member

It was the same as in our 2002 Toyota Camry. It's like a grind pulse. I've been in the Camry on the hill down from work before and had a chance to try it out on a small section of ice and it's awesome. It grinds and the harder you push the pedal the better it slows you down without sliding.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
Deejer, just curious, does the ABS "pulse" or "bang" like in a cage? I disconnected the ABS on my Rover because I hated it. Brakes were too vague feeling. I think ABS is a good thing ONLY if people familiarize themselves with it in THEIR VEHICLE. If they don't, they will freak-out the first panic stop they get into. I'm not a fan....
I'm sure it's much different on a bike?

GADZZZ; Bass, please forgive my rudeness. Welcome to the forums. Didn't mean to divert the thread. How did you like the VFR? I thought those were nicely styled. Sounds like you may do some touring or long haul? You a fan of ABS, it seems?
I do some touring, though not as much as I'd like with teenagers in the house... I like the VFR a lot, just wish for more torque and a bit longer reach to the clip-ons. I've been infatuated with the 14 since it came out, but knew enough to work my way up to it rather than starting out cold on something like that. I love the abs on the VFR, btw. It doesn't pulse much at all. It feels more like abs in a high end sports car than abs in a Camry or SUV.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned

welcome to the site and very happy to meet you all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New member from Indiana