New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New! Just bought 1st Kawasaki!!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Default RE: New! Just bought 1st Kawasaki!!

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

ORIGINAL: yves_0016

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

Super nice ride. Welcome to the forums. What calipers are you running up front?
Hi,

The front brake was built as follows:

- PVM full floating 320 mm disks
- Teflon braking lines
- Caliper and pump: Full Beringer 6 mm. system.
- Stock "braking pads" (don't know what you call this in Englisch... Sorry).

ah, I am not familiar with the Beringer brand/build then.
FYI

http://www.beringer.fr/

Old 09-28-2007, 08:55 AM

First of all: thank you all for the kind remarks on my new baby.

OK, so yesterday I couldn't take the tension anymore and snapped. Instead of waiting for my next trackday I screwed my license plate of my R1 on the Kawa and took her for a ride on the public roads (no lights, no turing signals, no mirrors, no papers, race tires,... hihihih [&:]).

As I had imagined the bike rides superbly wel (it should after all the money that went into making it a race bike...).Although theaccelaration is very good it didn't really "blow my mind", but than again, the R1, even stock, isn't a slouch by any means, so I guess my body/brain is just used to the sens of acceleration. This could explain it. She is however a little bit quicker, especially in the low revs she's faster than the R1 (this probably due to the Kawa Race CDI and custom mapping). I've only been up to about 150mph but everything felt really good.

The most impressive thing for the moment is the front brake. First time I pulled it a little bit hard, I did a stoppie without wanting to. Definitely something that will take getting used to and I'm sure will help me improve on my laptimes. I had no idea that the difference between a stock brake (not bad by any means after all) and a professional brake was this big. Truly impressive.

I also left on the Leovinci titanium muffler without DB killer...you could hear me over half a mile away!! also the "explosions" when downshifting are superb... pedestrians were looking around and giving me the "are you crazy" signal all the time!! [8D]

Than more generally on my first Kawa ride: the ride postion is a littly higher than with my previous Honda's and Yammie's. As this bike has been completely rebuilt as a race bike I can't say if this is like this with every Kawa. I got used to it quite fast and it feels quite comfortable. Especially when I push my *** all the way back untill the complete back of the mono-seat (right up again the back fairing) and than get in position for turns/lean angle it feels quite good and natural. Just one good session on the track will get me used to the general feel of the bike I think.

All in all, although this little outing was completely illegal, I have a good feel over all and for the moment I feel very happy about my purchase. I will defenetely be making another little illegal run this week-end and can't wait for the 2 track days next week-end!! (well, actually, now that I've actually ridden her, I'm even more anxious to get out there!!).

I'll keep you guys posted on how she goes!

Old 09-30-2007, 03:33 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the link for the brakes.
That little boner move of yours can cost you your racing license permanentlyfor the track if caught. Besides the normal public licensing issues that could result.