New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New biker on the block!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New biker on the block!!

welcome to KF

Old 10-20-2007, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PFC_Ramos318

Hey, I am a new biker, and I just bought a 07 ninja EX500R. Whats up!!
Welcome to the Kawi family!!! If Bragg doesn't offer the MSF call the Pope Ground Safety office and see when the next classes are...Pope may even offer the Sportbike course...great classes to take...

Old 10-21-2007, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the KF family Ramos. Great choice for a first bike. A lot of other guys in the military get home from Iraq, and spend all the money they saved up on the biggest baddest bikes they can get. The only problem is they don't have the skills to handle a liter-bike that will wheelie effortlessly. When I get home, I'm getting a ZZR600. I'm pretty damn sure Bragg has the MSF course on post. You'll have to come down to Ft. Gordon and ride some time. Be safe man!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:38 PM
1st Gear Member

You aint't kiddin'...the Army loses 30+ per month to motorcycle accidents...more than in the war...they have those Hardley dealerships over in the sandbox practically giving those bikes away...that is one of the reasons the Air Force came up with the Sportbike program...try to reduce the number of fatalities...

Old 10-21-2007, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member

I wish the Army would do that. As often as 82nd gets deployed, I'm suprised it didn't start with them!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:52 PM
1st Gear Member

there is talk about the sister services adopting the program as well...the course just became mandatory for Air Mobility Command...as of now other branches can attend the course for free on any Air Force Base that offers the course...when you get back come out here for some R&R and we'll hook you up!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Sweet. I think I'll do that the next time I take some leave. It won't be on R&R, because I decided not to punish myself by buying the bike while I'm on R&R, only to have to return to the sandbox 2 weeks later.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Smart move...nothing like having a bike just sitting there...I bought the 636 in July and then left for the sandbox at the end of August...it just sat in my living room while I was gone...

Old 10-22-2007, 12:30 AM

Hey everyone. I just got my bike yesterday and rode for the first time. Man I caught on pretty quick, it is just like driving a stick shift car. I am addicted already! I have been riding every chance I get. Yea I'm over here inthe 82nd, and they require that you take the msf in order to ride on post. hey rocket what MOS are you I'm a 25B, I was at Gordon for 9 months for AIT. I'm in 82nd Aviation and we are not scheduled to deploy until mar 2009 which is great cuz I get time to spend with my family and to ride my new bike. I'm gonna check if pope has that sport bike course and see if the army is allowed to attend it. I love the bike!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll check and see if they have the course there yet...if not I'll check for the closest to you...you may have to run down to Charleston SC...oh no...a road trip!!!

Quick Reply: New biker on the block!!