New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New Bike/New Rider

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:54 AM
1st Gear Member
Default New Bike/New Rider

Hello all. There looks to be a lot of great information here. I got my first bike earlier this year. It was a 2005 KLR650. I just never got to the point where I felt comfortable on it. It was just too top heavy and tall for me. This week I bought a 2009 KLX250S and am much happier already. This should be a much better fit for me. I am enjoying it so far.

I may have to take it back to the dealer to have it looked at though. There seems to be a low speed wobble. The weird part is that it only occurs on the last half of my rides. I have checked the tire pressure and verified that everything is tight. I need to get a lift and see if the tires are balanced. I am sure that I will have plenty of questions to post as they arise.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome To Kawasaki Forums.
Turn On Same Tunes And Enjoy The Ride.
Theirs a lot of Good People Here and they will do there Best to Help You out with Your Questions. Sometime It Takes A Little Longer Then Others. So, hang-in there.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the Kawi Family!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF

it only occurs on the last half of my rides.
what kind of riding? As in the forks and shock overheating from hard riding?

Old 10-08-2009, 05:52 AM
1st Gear Member

where are you? and like ^^^^he said "what kind of riding"?

Old 10-08-2009, 02:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Noooo, not hard riding at all. Both times that I have noticed it have been on the street at about 25 - 30 MPH. I have been trying to keep the RPM's down for the break-in period, but that is really hard. The weird part is that I don't notice the wobble at those speeds earlier in the ride, just after 5 miles or so. I intend to buy a lift to check the wheels for balance. After that i would take it to the dealer. Have there been any major problems with the 2009's?

Old 10-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, and the best production bike ever!!! MOLES RULE!!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Even Serpents Shine
Noooo, not hard riding at all. Both times that I have noticed it have been on the street at about 25 - 30 MPH. I have been trying to keep the RPM's down for the break-in period, but that is really hard. The weird part is that I don't notice the wobble at those speeds earlier in the ride, just after 5 miles or so. I intend to buy a lift to check the wheels for balance. After that i would take it to the dealer. Have there been any major problems with the 2009's?

Since the ride is brand new, have the dealership check it out. I noticed a squeek after a few miles on my new then 88 ninja 750. Turned out that the assemblers at the dealership did not tighten my front axle.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Even Serpents Shine
Hello all. There looks to be a lot of great information here. I got my first bike earlier this year. It was a 2005 KLR650. I just never got to the point where I felt comfortable on it. It was just too top heavy and tall for me. This week I bought a 2009 KLX250S and am much happier already. This should be a much better fit for me. I am enjoying it so far.

I may have to take it back to the dealer to have it looked at though. There seems to be a low speed wobble. The weird part is that it only occurs on the last half of my rides. I have checked the tire pressure and verified that everything is tight. I need to get a lift and see if the tires are balanced. I am sure that I will have plenty of questions to post as they arise.
If it was out of balance it would wobble over certain speeds, it is not time or distance dependent. Take it to your dealer if you have problems or ease up on your tight grip

Last edited by MaverickAus; 10-31-2009 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:44 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Quick Reply: New Bike/New Rider