New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Was lurking, now a member

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Default Was lurking, now a member

Greetings,

After buying a used Blue '05 ZX-6R (picked it up for $6700 with 900 miles on it) ok, I stole it...
I decided to hang out for awhile before joining and posting. I'm a retired racer (old fart, been riding since 1966) now track junkie who can't stop tinkering on bikes. After owning around 65, my current stable consists of an '02 RC51, '05 GSXR 750, '97 GSXR 600 and the newest member my'05 ZX-6R which is the only street legal bike in the group. I have been in the MC industry in various capacities for 20 years then switched gears and became a Critical Care Registered Nurse & a Firefighter.

Current mods to the ZX-6R include Ohlin's front fork internals, Rear Ohlin's three way adjustable shock. Ohlin's steering Damper, PCIIIusb with custom map, Sato slip on, Sato rear sets, Sato frame and axle sliders, Sato swing arm spools, Dan Kyle clip on's, Brembo front brake MC, CRG clutch lever, Galfer braded brake lines, Puig windscreen, Metzler K2 sport techs.

Also have the infamous rear seat cover on back order and I hope to have my Euro turnsignals next week.

Future Purchases....
I plan on dropping a tooth on the front counter shaft sprocket, Woodcraft engine covers, integrated tail light, CRG folding mirrors and what ever else I can get my hands on.

I apologize upfront for posting material that has been ran through the mill several times, I don't research threads very far back and tend to give advice even if I'm not asked. I have allot of experience in past endeavors but am more crazy than smart and learn something new every day.

I look forward to interacting with the members of this board and sharing ideas and experiences.

Thank You.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Default RE: Was lurking, now a member

Welcome to the forum.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums! Congratulations on your new purchase, you should post up some pics of all your rides! Sounds like you've got some nice ones! Glad to see that another rider with lots of experience has joined up. Any advice you can pass on will be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Banzai, welcome to the family. wow, i would hate to ask how much you've already spent on the bike? but what the hell..... HOW MUCH??????????? and getting the bike for 6.7.... thats damb good too.... welcome to the darkside[sm=vader.gif] and enjoy your stay here.. we all do. we have a bunch of great people here...... best in the world[sm=exactly.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]...... send some pics when you have a chance.....

Old 08-27-2005, 03:38 AM

Welcome to the forums! I need pics!! [sm=chairshot.gif] Look forward to using your knowledge!

Old 08-29-2005, 08:03 PM

Thanks guys. I just returned from fighting a fire and am pretty tired. I'll try to post something this week.

Mad Kaw, I don't pay retail for my parts which helps tremendously. I suppose if I were I'd have another 5K into the bike...so far. It's like a disease you never recover from.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Banzai

Thanks guys. I just returned from fighting a fire and am pretty tired. I'll try to post something this week.

Mad Kaw, I don't pay retail for my parts which helps tremendously. I suppose if I were I'd have another 5K into the bike...so far. It's like a disease you never recover from.
lol.... nice, that's a disease i hope they never find a cure for....

Old 08-31-2005, 12:06 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 09-09-2005, 07:50 AM

Went to T-Hill over Labor day weekend. Rode Monday & Tuesday with Keigwins as an instructor. I was able to finish the ZX-6R the night before and had her out for the shake down.

I was very impressed at how fast the bike is and how well she handles!

I normally ride this liter eater, my 05 GSXR750.

But after two sessions on the 6R, I was within 1.5 seconds a lap of my Gixer times. Boy was that a mistake!
I will be torn between the two next track day for sure..... [&:]

Old 09-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

WOW thats some great pics. i wish i had time to go on the track.....[sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif] the only track time i get is watching it on tv.......

Quick Reply: Was lurking, now a member