New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Kawasaki Zx 7..... :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 05:41 AM
Default Kawasaki Zx 7..... :)

Alright guys well i am about to get my first bike.. the one i was looking at is a Zx7 96 model. i was wondering if this would be a good bike to learn.. on cuz i know it'a very stable bike.. and it heavy so it's wont go crazy on you.. I have take riding courses.. ( live in montreal.. it's a must) and i have ridin others bike befor. But i am no pro or anything. BUt this is my favorith bike off all time and i need to get some info from so people who have ridin it for reel.. So guys.. PLease let me in on your opinions.. THanks...

Steph

Old 09-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Kawasaki Zx 7..... :)

You would be fine bro, I have a 95 zx7 and its nice. Just watch out it's not that heavy and it can get away from you if you’re not careful.

Good luck and ride safe

Old 09-12-2005, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum....... i would have to say any bike will bite your *** the second you disrespect it. so take your time and learn all you can about riding...... gear up and ride safe....

Old 09-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums Steph! Just be careful with it and never out ride your abilities and you should be fine! Post some pics when you get a chance!

Old 09-12-2005, 08:52 PM

Hey you guys are amazing and i realy appreciate your help and concern... WEll today i was suposed to call the guy up and close the deal with him but i called my insurance first and they are aksing 1000$ for one way only AHhhhhhh... my dream is fading. And i have to add the plates $325 and then the gear $1000 MIn.. so i guess i will look for something smaller for now maybe a zx6 or a ninja 500... But for now my dream will have to wait...

As soon as a find a nice bike That will fit my somewhat small budget i will post some pics...

Wish me luck

Steph

Old 09-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Best of luck Steph! The 500 is a great bike to start out on, and insurance isn't bad either. A used one won't set you back too much. But then again, I am biased on this, since I have one myself

Old 09-12-2005, 09:59 PM

as MadKaw said, any bike can get you hurt if you let it, either through not respecting it, or just through not knowing better. I'm 100% in agreement with those who say start small and learn all you can then work up to the bigger bikes as your skills allow. You'll be able to extract more fun out whatever your ride is, and stay alive-uninjured longer that way!! Plus of course, smaller is cheaper, and you'll be able to ride more and do more when you're not spending all you make just in payments/insurance.