New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Just got my own bike

Old 03-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Just got my own bike

sweet!! today stand up wheelies, tomorrow clutch wheelies, day after stoppies!! lol lol... Now you know you can't outrun him in the turns yet..... you have to let him think his r1 is faster so you don't lose your bike!!!! ha ha ha... ya, starting and stopping always the hardest. I think there was a thread down in the 250 forum here a while back that had some advice for slow speed manuevers..

Old 04-05-2006, 06:48 AM

welcome !!!!!!...glad to see another 250 in here...and even better that its blue....youre really lucky you have your husband showing you the ropes and all.......im a new rider myself and must say ive received a lot of help in this forum .... its great people really take their time out and help you....so thanks to all those peeps....mr.toad..rice...and bigrig....and everyone else out there.....@!!!!!

GO Blu3 GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2006, 07:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey, hellow there and welcome... Thats a nice bike you got... love the pic with the mountains in the background... Have fun ride safe and join us for another day.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:55 PM

Nice bike, and welcome to the forums, glad to see someone having as much fun as I am on their first bike. I've only got about a month head start on you as far as driving, so it's only been a few weeks since I've felt exactly what your feeling. Just don't get too cocky, and definatly gear up!

Old 04-06-2006, 01:33 AM

Im not suggesting that anybody else try this but as of me personally, I taught myself how to ride. I already understood the concepts of switching gears becase i love to drive stick shift vehicles. If you plan to ride for the first time the best advise I could give you is go easy when in first gear. My Ninja 600cc pratically goes fast without any serious attempts. If your good enough, let the bike go into gear without giving it gas. Once the bike is moving then give it a little rev. Good luck on your first Ninja Bike Experience.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 250gurlee

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I've been out riding around the neighborhood the last 2 days. Just trying to get used to riding instead of being on the back. Could hardly wait to get out there again today... but woke up to about 5 inches of snow... Grrr!! Guess I'll have to wait a few more days. My husband took it out the other nite and he came back with the biggest grin. Says its alot different than his R1 but he was lovin it. We live in the mountains so he got to try it out on some twisties... Cant wait for my turn!!!!

You say your hubby has an R1, what year? Just wondering cause my B/F has a 2005 and says that its not meant for 2, so i cant ride w/ him. i dont have my own bike yet so i just hang around the forum and drool. J/K. i hang around cause there are some really nice people here, very helpful. So stick around and if you have any questions, just ask