New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Just another guy

Old 09-29-2009, 04:16 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I was having trouble with uphill takeoffs, but he took me too an area and we got that taken care of.
cover the rear brake lever in that situation. Good learning and pronounces track or msf on how to use both front and rear brakes. Congrats on your pass.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks, Another 50 miles logged, and I came across something I think is pretty odd, when Im comming to a stop, and I pull in the clutch, Am I supposed to downshift all the way to first? Or am I supposed to downshift as speed decreases? Like lets say I was in fourth, and I pulled the clutch in and down shifted to third, slowed a little more then onto 2nd and so on to 1st when im about at a stop.

I noticed when I am trying to downshift it to first it doesnt exactaly want to go into, and i have to play with the clutch and work the shifter to get it into first. It up shifts just fine tho. I'm thinking its something like a saftey lock out feature or somewhat, like in a manual car, how it blocks you out of first until your almost at a stop. Anyways, if thats the case then good, ill down shift as i slow, instead of all at once. If its not the case, then something must be wrong, weather the clutch is out of adjustment or something malfunctioned in the transmission.

Oh wells, I'll be riding all day tomarrow, since its going to be beautiful, and all day thursday since im off. I am going to try to get it up to 550-600 miles So I can finialy pass the break in period, and get my first service done. Then I'll be able to do 70 on the interstate thank god. haha doing 50-55 in a 70 sucks.

Anyways thanks agian for the support!

Old 09-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Awesome....someone else besides me still says booo yaaa

Old 10-01-2009, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the course and your riding!!!

Old 10-03-2009, 12:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Yet another wonderful day of riding, and this is the point to where I need to start being more carefull. I am already feeling that lack of power...... Regardless, at a time like this more care should be taken, then ever. I think I am going to try to log at least 1500 Miles on this bike before I get something bigger.... I also found myself drooling over the 2009 Ninja ZX10R at the dealer today.... I had my thoughts... and my mind kept telling me "I'm ready for a larger bike, and that 10R looks really nice." Then my better judgement slapped me across the face, "Not yet, theres still alot to learn on the 250!" So needless to say I am going to listin to my better judgement.

Altho I really don't care how fast the bike is, it would be nice to have a much heavier bike for interstate travel, and the torque and low cruise revs of the litre bikes appeal to me.... GAH here I go agian >.>; haha oh well. Damn Kawasaki dealer keeps trying to suck me back in

Old 10-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Stay with what you have Cody. You know perfectly well at 22 yrs old (it does not get any better at 45yrs old either) that a 10r is alot more of a hand full when the stupidity kicks in. See sights and sounds section. lol

Old 10-04-2009, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Yea why dont you just rejet it and put an exhaust on it and change the gearing a little..should give you some more oomph and put a smile on your face.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I sat on the ZX10R and was like "Holy **** this thing is fat... this can't be any fun sitting at a stop light @_@" Hmm? Rejetting? Exhaust? I didn't know there were mods for this bike lol... i guess i have some research to do then, i tend to search rather then ask questions, but however if you wanna throw some links my way id appreciate it haha

Old 10-04-2009, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 10-04-2009, 04:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks

Edit: Wait a minute, if I change to the 48t sprocket, will that make my bike read as tho its going slower then it really is? I always thought when you changed the gearing, you had to recalibrate the speedo?

Last edited by Mouse; 10-04-2009 at 04:06 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just another guy