New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Just another guy

Old 09-28-2009, 06:54 AM
1st Gear Member
Talking Just another guy

For those of you who hate reading, skip down to the next set of
"================================================= ==="

Hey all, hows things going? Great I hope. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Cody, I am 22 years old, and after many years of wishing, the time that I have spent working, shopping, waiting, and contemplating have finaly paid off. Now I am the proud new owner of a Diablo Metalic Black 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R.

I have never rode, or even been on any type of vehicle with an engine and less than four wheels. So to say my expirence is ZERO. However, I have participated in many Autocrossing events and decided to finaly make the bold move to get a bike.

With the first though of "Hey I want an R1." Comming to mind, the thought of quickly becomming a statistic quickly followed. And thats when I decided on a R6 or a ZX6R. Then after debating it, and actualy sitting down, I remembered something that a wise man once said when I really really wanted that nice 2002 Trans Am WS6 As my first car. "You don't give a new driver the keys to a car that fast." And its true, its asking for trouble, I mean, its a 13 second car. Too fast for a beginner. So why on earth would someone start out on a 10-11 second Supersport bike? Agian, statistics began to follow.

So I used my better judgement and decided on the bike I currently own. Some of you may ask me, why I chose a BRAND NEW bike. And knowing that Im going to lay it down, eventualy, I wanted something that appealed to me, and something that I knew was 100% Mechanicaly sound. Theres no reason a rookie should start out on something that could have potential defects, thus could result in failure. Anyways Now onto the juicy part.
====================================== <--(Remember those?)

I bought the bike on Saturday afternoon from Dale's Motorcycle Center. Sale price wa $3,990.00 8 miles on the bike since it was test ridden. The service was exceptional, and they were very helpful. When I was about to leave they asked me if I had a helmut. I responded with a "No." And they responded with a "Go pick ya one out. Doesnt matter what price." It was deffentaly awesome. Free $200 Helmut. And they gave me tie down straps. If anyone lives in Southeast Missouri, I would highly reccomend them, They are in Poplar Bluff MO.

Anyways, When I wake up this morning, I get to go up and take my permit test, licence my bike and get her insured. And this upcomming weekend I will be attending the MSF Saftey course, in which I will get my full licence!

Wish me luck guys! Can't wait to get out there and enjoy my new bike!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the Kawi Family Cody!!! Just south of you...Congrats on the new ride! Don't forget to gear up (you will hear this many times during MSF)

Good Luck and post up some pics!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey man, thanks! I do deffenitaly plan on gearing up. I've been shopping around for a nice jacket and gloves. I plan on spending a good deal on a jacket because you really get what you pay for.

But yeah were ya from? I actualy live in Scott City, just under Cape Girardeau.

And yes I'll be getting up picks tomarrow. If the camera still works haha!

Last edited by Mouse; 09-28-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:03 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm down here in the Little Rock area...

Old 09-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF and congrats on the ride. Sounds like you have a good knowledgeable plan all worked out too. Congrats

Old 09-28-2009, 03:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome To Kawasaki Forums.
Turn On Same Tunes And Enjoy The Ride.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Old 09-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

MSF, Gear, and welcome.... in that order

Old 09-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
MSF, Gear, and welcome.... in that order
hahaha, I say gear then MSF. But that is my opinion....lol

Old 09-29-2009, 04:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Well guys, today I took my exam, and passed. Flying colors. Allstate quoted me 127.81 a month 500 deductable and full coverage So I shopped around and found american family had better coverage for 47.71 a month. booyah!

Got some gloves today from wal-mart, they are dirt bike gloves, but they have plastic knuckle protecters and some thick leather, they will no until my riding set. No jacket yet, I was pretty upset that all the dealers were closed, I really wanted the nice black riding jacket I saw at the Kawasaki Dealer, but ill be able to go back and get it on thursday.

So today was my first full day of riding, I logged 103 Miles, no close calls, however the shifting and clutching was a little rough, my best friend was there riding with me on his 08 Ninja 650R to show me the ropes. Now my clutch engagement/disengagement is smooth as butter, and same goes with the shifting of gears, I was having trouble with uphill takeoffs, but he took me too an area and we got that taken care of.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the bike, the lightweight and nimbleness is stunning, however it could use a little more power, as tho its by no Means a "Highway bike" I felt the trucks blowing me around quite a bit.

I am really satisfied with the bike, my only gripe is the weight, and power. If the bike was about 100lbs heavier, and had maybe 20-30 more hp, and a little bit longer gearing in 6th, it would be a perfect bike. guess what matches that description? the Ninja 650R lol.... Anyways I plan to enjoy her for a long time until my birthday, when I may decide to step up to something bigger, possably a ZX6R, R6, or maybe something. Not sure yet. But I noticed alot more chicks looking at me, yay bike... girls...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just another guy