New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

I COULD JUST SCREAM

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Default RE: I COULD JUST SCREAM

OH yeah, up here in NY we DO have a helmet law but of course, most of the HD riders wear the little skull caps. My brother is a cop and had to report to the scene of an accident and this guy on a harley was fine except for his head. He had no major injuries on his body but his entire face was gone!! Guess what it said on his skull cap? "HELMET LAWS SUCK" duh, if he had a full face he'd still be here!

Old 08-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

I don't understand why people would even wear one of the skull caps???? I personally am not into smashing my face off the curb or having a rock thrown at my face at 110 km/h! As for folks not wearing helmets - not to bright imo. Every province up here - you have to wear a helmet.

Old 08-04-2005, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

I was down tonight from idiot the pulled out from behind slower traffic and cut me off. If I was not geared up I would be in the hospital right now. As it is I am real sore but in tack. Helmet got gouged, leathers got some good rash and sidi boots got scuffed up.
F- it I have lived through it again to fight an other day.
Gear up and arrive alive.

ORIGINAL: bluebird

I don't understand why people would even wear one of the skull caps???? I personally am not into smashing my face off the curb or having a rock thrown at my face at 110 km/h! As for folks not wearing helmets - not to bright imo. Every province up here - you have to wear a helmet.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Very happy to hear that you are okay.

ORIGINAL: Notstock

I was down tonight from idiot the pulled out from behind slower traffic and cut me off. If I was not geared up I would be in the hospital right now. As it is I am real sore but in tack. Helmet got gouged, leathers got some good rash and sidi boots got scuffed up.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks. I am just kicking it today.

Very happy to hear that you are okay.

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Old 08-04-2005, 09:51 PM

you are lucky when i went down all i can rember is the cop he looked at me and all he said is oh your alive i didnt break anything but it took almost a year to get all the rocks out of my back and the staples out of the skin but im up on one again

Old 08-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: cruzin

you are lucky when i went down all i can rember is the cop he looked at me and all he said is oh your alive i didnt break anything but it took almost a year to get all the rocks out of my back and the staples out of the skin but im up on one again
Were you wearing gear?

I would imagine those three words "oh you're alive" were probably the best three words you've ever heard! After hearing stories from people that have gone down, I hope to hell I never do. Doesn't sound like much fun.

Glad to hear you made out okay too, could've been worse.

Old 08-06-2005, 07:30 PM

I got it from both my parents, and my dad has had bikes his whole life, and Ive ridden dirtbikes since I was 9. I think my mom is just nervous cuz she hears sportbikes, and all she thinks about is riding a wheelie at 150mph down the highway(which I dont plan on doing) Oh well, I love it, and Ive taken safety precautions (i.e. riding gear), hopefully they will see that you can be safe on a bike.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:57 AM

ypu bet they were ive never been happier to see a cop in my life as far as falling im not sure how much it hurt when it happens i dont rember but i do know one thing always fix it never let it go and wear what ever leather you can cause if you dont you will be just like me still finding rocks in your back

Old 01-15-2006, 05:34 AM

riding gear is very important. i thought i was good enough rider when i went down and wearing shorts and a shirt. i was wrong it hurt very bad. no broken bones or anything just road rash. also i gave my brother my alpinestar leather cause it didnt fit anymore and he went down about five days after i gave it to him. he said that saved him from going to the hosipital and just being very sore. but he was probaly doing something stupid on his zx9. its a racing bike so i know he was doing something stupid. but remember to always wear gear no matter how far you think you are going to be riding.