New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi from Forest Lake, MN

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whitehendrix
those rangers haul ***, too.. lol.. got a 700 6x6 in the shop now.. i like it.

haven't given it the "will it go there..?" test yet, tho.. in 6 wheel drive.. lol
We've just got the 500 series - it's not overly fast, but I did use it to pull my F-150 crew cab with attached 8'x14' trailer out of the snow last winter. The thing just will not quit and if it does the winch is a great addition

Old 11-08-2008, 06:50 AM
1st Gear Member

lol.. ya man. they're beastly.. all i need to do is erase the code on this thing, then it goes back to its owner..

the airbox ambient pressure switch failed.. now, theres a locked code that puts it kinda in limp mode.. won't idle.

i will miss trips to the dumpster with this machine tho..

Name:  100_0675.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  108.5 KB

Old 11-08-2008, 11:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gravy
I just picked up an '06 KLX250 and found this forum from the advice of an ADVrider member.

You all have compiled some great info here and I hope to be able to contribute once I get a chance to dig into this new beauty. This is my 5th motorcycle and my second Kawi but it's my first really dirt oriented ride. I currently ride a V-Strom 650 and an XL600R which are both a bit piggish for real single track and deep sand work.

I'm excited to try this bike out on some of the more technical stuff in my area. I'm a Master Electrician so if you have questions in that area I'm glad to help, although explaining code over the interweb is sometimes a little cumbersome.

See ya on the trails,
Travis
Welcome from Warren in Woodbury! I usually ride up north in St. Croix or Namadji State forests. I have a buddy I go with which has an atv. Would love to have another bike to go with! Let me know if your interested for next year! Any placed in Forest Lake that you know of to ride?

Old 11-10-2008, 12:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by warsanrotts
Welcome from Warren in Woodbury! I usually ride up north in St. Croix or Namadji State forests. I have a buddy I go with which has an atv. Would love to have another bike to go with! Let me know if your interested for next year! Any placed in Forest Lake that you know of to ride?

Well there is some OK ridding at Carlos Avery WMA. It's not great but it gets the bug out of me if I need a quick fix. The downside (for your buddy anyway) to CA is 4 wheelers are not allowed, only licensed vehicles.

I'm almost always up for a ride up north. Send me out an e-mail at travncari (at) msn (dot) com. I've also got a truck and access to a good sized trailer for those days you don't feel like burning 200 miles of knobby off just to get to where you can ride a little dirt.