New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hey

Old 04-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Default Hey

Hello, my name is Eric I live in PA and I recently passed my permit test, I am registered to take my MSF in a few weeks. I am very excited, I am planning on getting a Ninja 250r once I get my liscence. For the past few weeks I have been reading over some forums and websites trying to soak up as much knowledge about riding and the bike I am planning on getting so I can be as prepared as possible once I get it. Unfortunately my getting a bike is completely dependent upon me being able to sell my car, but once I get my new bike I will be sure to post pics. Just thought I would introduce myself.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Hey

welcome to the forum. good luck with the sale of your car and the purchase of the bike.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome Eric, you will find a wealth of information in here, no question unanswered. Have fun. Can I make a suggestion? Take the driving test on a scooter or a dual sport bike. I know a lot of guys here have taken it on what ever they have, but trust me I saw a guy that was experienced on his ninja, and he was the only one that day out of all of us who flunked the cone weave.The rest of us were on DS bikes, and scooters for the old dudes.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.
As mentioned above a DS does make taking the course easier.
Good luck.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

Welcome Eric, you will find a wealth of information in here, no question unanswered. Have fun. Can I make a suggestion? Take the driving test on a scooter or a dual sport bike. I know a lot of guys here have taken it on what ever they have, but trust me I saw a guy that was experienced on his ninja, and he was the only one that day out of all of us who flunked the cone weave.The rest of us were on DS bikes, and scooters for the old dudes.
Yeah I was planning on just using whatever they provide for me during the MSF. Once I actually get my liscence and hopefully by then my car will be sold, then I will pick up my ninja.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member

You will probably get either a small Suzuki, Yami, Kawi, or Honda 250cc or less. I know some MSF courses actually use Ninja 250's.

Good luck with the MSF, It's an easy course to complete.

And, welcome to KF!

Old 04-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nils

ORIGINAL: deej

Yeah I was planning on just using whatever they provide for me during the MSF. Once I actually get my liscence and hopefully by then my car will be sold, then I will pick up my ninja.
Oh that's right, if you pass the MSF class on one of the bikes they provide, you can just go right down and get your license. I was thinking that you were going to take the test at the DMV.....my bad, DOH!!

Old 04-16-2007, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome!

Old 04-16-2007, 04:13 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Welcome man, I too live in PA and took the MSF course. Just relax at the course and you will be fine. I had no experience before taking it, and I passed it fine. Where abouts in PA do ya live?

Old 04-16-2007, 04:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF. Good luck on the sale of your car, and getting the NINJA.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey