New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Completely oblivious

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Default Completely oblivious

Hello, my name is Brandin and as the topic says im completely oblivious to just about everything to bikes that there is. I want to pick up a bike of my own soon but dont know how to go about choosing one. Im in college so funds are obviously limited. My main question though is, are there specific bikes that are ment for just speed and certain ones better for tricks/stunts? I want to be one of those guys that does a stoppie as he pulls into the parking lot and gets off his bike. Speed is fun without question but at this point im not worried about being the fastest guy out there. Any info would be much appriciated along with anything that shows just basic to someone who has no idea about anything of the sort. thanks in advance!

Brandin

Old 04-02-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Completely oblivious

I don't know if you're a new rider or not, but if you are new, get an older 600 class motorcycle if want to learn stunting. 600's are great all around. Not too heavy, and they pack a punch. But I warn you to not get crazy on a motorcycle until you are VERY comfortable with riding. They ARE NOT TOYS!!! Motorcycles take many lives every year because people do stupid siht on them. I can guarantee you will wreck your first bike if you use it to practice stunts, so don't spend too much on one. And, save a lot of money for replacement parts and medical bills along the way. I don't want to sound like an ***, but bikes are very dangerous machines when they get out of control. (watch motorcycle stunting wrecks on youtube) It may change your mind about stunt riding.

Good luck, and welcome to the KF family!

Old 04-02-2007, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum! skill+craziness = stoppies. I hope you have good insurance If you want opinions on stunting you should ask riders that stunt. They should be able to answer your questions about preferred bikes.I have seen stunters do stoppies on almost every kind of bike so I am not sure it matters too much. Good luck!

Old 04-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I agree wit both Mark and SKG. But let me put it this way. the smaller the bike the less weight that is going to fal on top of you at first. Good luck and try not to kill yourself. Welcome to the forums as well.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

MSF class The rest will come later. Oh and get a KLX 250S[8D]

Old 04-04-2007, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Like mark said watch some youtube vids of stunters, they crash so many bikes and if you watch a lot of there reactions they are used to it. Those guys go through bikes so fast its crazy. If you want to be a stunter you WILL drop your bike. Stunters are awesome, but you have to have a pretty good financial situation to rebuild or replace your ride every month or 2. I know about the college kid stuff, but before even considering buying a bike go and get geared up. Nothing is worse thanbuying a bike you can't ride, and if you think you can ride without your gear, go back to those youtube vids.

As for recomendations for a bike, the ninja 500 would be a good starter, if you want a stunter go with the 600 they can do anything you want. But you will have to respect it, because it has no respect for you.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF. I would recommend getting an older 600 like Mark said. Take the MSF course like deej said. I would also say to start going to the local bike nights, just be sure to listen for the line of poo people are going to put out there.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:51 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, some good info above to ponder.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:04 AM

Welcome to KF.....get all zen like with your bike first whatever it may be....the cool **** will follow without realizing...besides parts for it and you aint cheap........Live Long and Ride

Old 04-05-2007, 10:10 AM

Thanks everyone! Yea ive seen a bunch of those videos before and dont try on really trying any stunts for a looong time. Probly gonna take me a long time just to get comfy on a bike. Thanks for all your input

Quick Reply: Completely oblivious