New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Can you tell me if this is a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Default Can you tell me if this is a good deal?

Hi,
Kinda of on the phone with the guy right now. I am about to buy a 600RR and stumbled onto this on craiglist. I think it's cheap enough to buy both but I don't know if this is a good deal or not. http://www25.brinkster.com/unschuldig/motorcycle/ TIA. 1999 Ninja 500 with rebuilt title, 10K miles and damaged fairings.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:11 PM
Default RE: Can you tell me if this is a good deal?

I don't know. I don't realy like to buy used bikes or cars only cause I am a girl and I don't like to deal with the problems that may come from them in case I get a bad deal. I have a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500 that I am also trying to sell. The only reason I want to sell it is so that I can get the 636. I think it's time for me to move on up in class. It is also on cragslist I got a few offers but it's a hard sell. Good luck in your search. There are some really good deals out there you just have to deffinitly go see it in person before you purchase it.

Good luck.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:14 PM

I don't know if it's a good deal with out you actually going to see it up close. Obviously it's been dropped so you really don't know if The forks or frame are bent and besides a brand new ninja 500 is only about 5 grand. I would'nt take the chance.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:18 PM

I agree with shon, that is why I just got my bike new.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:27 PM

If I'm not too late.....

Rebuilt title = potential MAJOR headaches!! Don't even think about it. The money you'd 'save' buying it would be more than made up for in fixing it....

Old 09-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Without going to look at the bike (that is unless you know a lot about bikes and repairing them) I don't know if I'd bother with that one. It sounds like it has been involved in several accidents and from the damage that is still visible, it looks like it was in a pretty bad accident in my opinion. I have dropped my 500 and all it got for damage was a couple of very small scrapes that I would have to point out to you.

But then again, if everything mechanically is fine with the bike and forks and frame are not bent - for $950 I might consider it. But I definately would go look at it in person before buying it.

Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:00 PM
1st Gear Member

screw that dont get a rebuilt title or used bike, could have bent forks and other mechanical probs. NOw ur talkign bout going from 600cc to a 500, com'mon get the big boi. Ill tell youwhat, these kawasaki have good resale value. If u maintain the bike properly and dont crash it, by the time u want to sell it, i shuldnt be that hard, ppl love these sakis.

After doing lots of research and comparisons, I've actually noticed that my color blue has better resale value than other colors. Even the guy who sold it to me told me that everyone who called him asked him if the color was blue. And he said "thank god i got this blue ppl love it" Think about it lots of guys fav color is blue, i know mine is. Even on ebay i noticed when i was looking that the blue ones had tons more bids than greens and silver and reds. But To each there own.

Also as far as the 600rr vs the 636. I mean personally why get a 600 when kawasaki offers a 636 when no one else does. I mean u rule the streets. Ppl just know they cant mess with u. Not that i have ever raced anyone and dont want to on city streets, but its definitly a ego thing.

Dont rush things, go into cycle trader. Find a good bike for good price, dont jump one the 1st thing, do comparisons and rent a truck andget some canyon jumpers ( i think thats what they are called) and strap it in and ride home, thats what i did. good luck!

Old 09-29-2005, 10:12 PM

Easy Funkdock, I was thinking about getting both and teach my bro how to ride. I am getting a 6RR don't worry about it lol.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:14 PM

I thought you guys said the 636 is only a little bit faster then the 600. I think I'm going to have to rethink this all over again.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:23 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TobascoJapan

Easy Funkdock, I was thinking about getting both and teach my bro how to ride. I am getting a 6RR don't worry about it lol.

Oh ok didnt mean to jump to throat, Thas cool ,thought u want a 500 of 600+, no way right.

Quick Reply: Can you tell me if this is a good deal?