New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

better late than never

Old 02-05-2008, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default better late than never

I recently bought on 03 ZX6R... LOVE IT!!! I had no idea when I bought it that I was buying one of the quickest accelerating bikes on the market!

a little about me: I live near Chicago (McHenry county for anyone near me...). My forum name comes from the Matrix (hence the avatar) from being "jacked in." In fact "jackedin" is my PSNID (gaming name on the Plastaystation 3 network for you old fogies out there...). During the summer I play in a semi-pro clan and partake in many tournaments, and during the school year I go to University of Wisconsin Platteville where I am double majoring in Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics. Unfortunately the internet sucks too much to play any descent amount of gaming up here... My last bike was an '87 Yamaha Seca 750... so this Ninja is quite a step up... I also play tournament paintball. UWP has the best NCPA team in our division in the nation... that's pretty much everything there is to know about me...

a little about the bike: the guy I bought it from had to sell it cause his liscense was revoked due to 19 speeding tickets (you'd think after 18 he would have learned his lesson...) It is blue, and beautifull... Once my job starts and I start getting money rolling in, I plan on installing a bikeputer, a Valentine V-one, and red LED lights in all of the side vents...

Old 02-05-2008, 04:26 AM
Default RE: better late than never

I hear you, man,the guy you bought it from should have learned his lesson and found a different part of townspeed in!!!Just the other day Itook my car up to 47 in 50 mph zone and you can bet that's the last time I ever did that around here!!! But then I guess I'm a little smarter than the guy you bought your bike from!!! Or maybe not...

Seriously, I keep hearing good things about that bike but I've never ridden one. How do they compare to a Ninja 500R ? I bought a used500R for my first bike a year and a half ago and its been a great starter bike. Since its my primary form of transportation when the weather's good(9 months of the year here) I'm wondering about getting something with a little more pick-up and punch to itdown the line. I'd be curious to hearhowyours compares to the 500R(mine's a 2005).

Glad you're happy with yours!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 05:07 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

welcome to the forum, try to stay outta the snow [8D]

Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Good deal man, the 636 is a great bike

Old 02-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: j_christopherhall

I hear you, man,the guy you bought it from should have learned his lesson and found a different part of townspeed in!!!Just the other day Itook my car up to 47 in 50 mph zone and you can bet that's the last time I ever did that around here!!! But then I guess I'm a little smarter than the guy you bought your bike from!!! Or maybe not...

Seriously, I keep hearing good things about that bike but I've never ridden one. How do they compare to a Ninja 500R ? I bought a used500R for my first bike a year and a half ago and its been a great starter bike. Since its my primary form of transportation when the weather's good(9 months of the year here) I'm wondering about getting something with a little more pick-up and punch to itdown the line. I'd be curious to hearhowyours compares to the 500R(mine's a 2005).

Glad you're happy with yours!!!

47 in a 50 zone? So you will never go 3 MPH under the speed limit?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:34 PM
1st Gear Member

I was wondering the same thing Deej

Old 02-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums! Gear up and ride safe.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member

j_chris: I'm not sure how mine compares to your exact model, but in almost every video on youtube, streetfire, and all the other major sites that have the ZX6R it out accelerates almost everything... I've seen it beat R6s, R1s, GSXR (600, 750 and 1000), CBRs, I've seen it beat ferraris, porsches, lambos... Until it hits 100 there isn't much that will stay in front of it (from what I've seen at least..).

Old 02-06-2008, 02:22 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

The tried and true zx7 will

Old 02-06-2008, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the KF family. The 636 is a beast for sure. How about posting some pics of it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: better late than never