New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Almost ready to talk...

Old 05-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Almost ready to talk...

Congrats on the new bike! Welcome to KF!

Old 05-30-2006, 09:31 AM
1st Gear Member

congrats....what price u get?

Old 05-30-2006, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats! I'm glad I picked the 250 for my first bike, I just got it about a month ago. I have to agree about the best buy for your money. You should be happy with it. I've only had the chance to really to ride it once, but it was sooo much fun. Post some picks when you get it.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:02 PM

I'm RIDIN'!! This is the VERY first picture taken of me on the bike as I came back from gassing up. (Note the pavement... wet!... I simply could NOT wait!!) I now have 355 miles and have scheduled the 500-mile service with a local dealer. I have had two "bike accidents" so far. No, none while moving!! My wife laughed really hard when I put on my helmet to get ready to ride and then fell over the trailer tongue and skinned my elbow. The second one came while in shorts... NEVER ride in shorts! I went to Lowe's to pick up some stuff, and as I got off my bike, a lady walked by carrying 2 cans of paint. I leaned to the to the side and burned the bajeebers out of my leg... blistered and everything. [:@] I know, I know... ATGATT (all the gear all the time)... but it was in the 90's for crying out loud. I'm still RE-learning but having a great time.

Oh. Someone asked what I paid: $2,950 out the door from Beartooth Kawasaki (great people and great prices). When I got back to Washington I did have to pay the Washington state sales tax and license but that is SOP.

More later.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1333/9488E92334794ABFBFFA18089D7A4810.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-28-2006, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member

congrats again! But shame shame on the limited gear,but it will feel awesome to be wearing it when you need it! . I know it sucks, I've been out riding a couple times so far in the 90+, all geared up, looking like an eskimo in Hawaii, espescially when i ride next to the bf and he is in shorts and a tee shirt. Are you happy w/ the 250?

Old 06-29-2006, 06:53 AM

I ab-so-freaking-lutely love this machine. [sm=roll.gif] It's exactly what I was looking for. I now have about 430 miles and everything seems to be smoothing out. Actually, it's probably ME that's smoothing out. I probably shouldn't admit this but I recently accelerated through the gears to 9K a few of times AND hit the freeway twice for about 5 minute runs at 60mph. She --- OK, now why did I call it a "she"? --- anyway, "she" purrs around the neighborhood and side streets at 35mph and 4000rpm but really seems to like it better at twice that. I have always believed that you should "use" but NOT "abuse" equipment, and that's how I working "her", too. Who knows. Someday, maybe, I'll want something bigger; but I really don't think so. After I break her in, I plan on a couple of "extended" rides, and that will tell me if I will need a cruiser. I just don't think that's going to happen. All the reviews (by 250 riders) were right on the mark: this IS one sweet machine. Oh. There was one modification that I made: I peeled the "Ninja" flame stickers off. I left the Kawasaki name and the other flames, but I think this gives it jus a little "cleaner" look. Besides, if I DO get stopped I can say, "But officer, it's just a 250cc beginner bike." [sm=smiley2.gif] I've heard that the word "Ninja" makes their hackles go up.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

lol.....That's cool man. Right on. Enjoy that baby!! Doesn't it make you feel like you're cheating on the wife everytime you jump on her??!!! lol

Old 06-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome!! Glad to hear you're having a great time with her! Gotta love having the 'addiction'!

Old 06-29-2006, 06:33 PM

BigRig,
...like you're cheating on the wife...
Been married 32 years this month and never done that... ... hmmm... maybe until now?! Hadn't thought of it that way, but you might be right. I have asked and asked my wife to let me buy her a helmet so she can come along once in a while. "NO WAY!" is her response. So, when she heads out for garage sales and shopping on Saturday morning; I cut the grass and then head out to put a few miles on "my sweetie." Later, people; and Have a Great Fourth of July!

Old 06-29-2006, 06:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I've taken my bike on a couple long runs, one weekend we were gone about 4 hrs. We made pit stops only to get water and top off the tanks. It was pretty comfy, cept the butt. Thats a long time to be sitting though. It will be awesome, sure you'll love it, post some more pics.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Almost ready to talk...