Go Back   Kawasaki Forums > Kawasaki Motorbikes > Kawasaki Motocross > KX250 & KX250F
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Lowering Suspension.

Lowering suspension. Please tell me how to lower the suspension on the KX 250. I't way too tall for me. Can I buy a shorter spring for the rear. I already lowered the forks as low as they will go. Thanks. JA

Register now for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to deej Send a message via MSN to deej Send a message via Yahoo to deej
Default RE: Lowering Suspension.

Not sure, but a couple of the guys have lowered the KLX with the links, I forgot what they are called or whee they got them. Not sure if the KX has the same setup, but I doubt it.

One out of four people in this country are mentally unbalanced.

Think of your three closest friends. If they seem normal
you're the one!

2006 KLX 250S
Old 03-27-2007, 07:44 AM

Cut the sub frame
Old 04-26-2007, 07:24 PM

I have a Koubalink on my 250f and it lowered it a hair better then 1.5". $140.00. And very easy to install.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:26 AM

I got a 2006 KX250 at Christmas. The seat height is was 38" before the sag when you sit on it.
Then with sag it is about 34". It was hard to get on, start, and ride in some corners since my inseam is only 32".
The best fix I found was to modify the seat it has way too much padding in the middle anyway. Most
of the guys I see on TV or in the magazines do not seem to have stock seats. A lot of those guys are shorter than me (5'-9") and their feet touch the ground at the starting line.

I took the seat cover off, marked the foan with a marker to get a design that dipped 2" in the middle,
and then faired up to the existing levels at the front and rear. I got the seat secure so it would not move and then used a 4" electric grinder with a thick grinding wheel (not a thin cutting wheel) and shaped the seat a little at the time until I got it where the marks were. It worked great. I can now touch the ground with both feet when stopped and can start it much easier.

There is one other recommended fix that I may do in addition to my seat mod.That is to add a longer link where your rear shock attaches at the bottom. The link is made by Prolink and it is longer than stock so it changes the angle of the shock and lowers the rear end. Then you may want to see if you went to far down with the forks because that will affect the handling.

Good luck!
Old 06-09-2007, 03:40 AM

The best way to lower your suspension is to have it done by a pro. The guy that lowerd my '05 KX 250 and has lowerd many bikes owns a company called Enduro Experts. This is a link to his information http://atlanticcity.citysearch.com/p...o_experts.html
He calls it the "Mini Me" conversion. It works well for me cause I'm a short f***er at 5'8"
Old 07-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to evil636 Send a message via Yahoo to evil636

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ruperb

I got a 2006 KX250 at Christmas. The seat height is was 38" before the sag when you sit on it.
Then with sag it is about 34". It was hard to get on, start, and ride in some corners since my inseam is only 32".
The best fix I found was to modify the seat it has way too much padding in the middle anyway. Most
of the guys I see on TV or in the magazines do not seem to have stock seats. A lot of those guys are shorter than me (5'-9") and their feet touch the ground at the starting line.

I took the seat cover off, marked the foan with a marker to get a design that dipped 2" in the middle,
and then faired up to the existing levels at the front and rear. I got the seat secure so it would not move and then used a 4" electric grinder with a thick grinding wheel (not a thin cutting wheel) and shaped the seat a little at the time until I got it where the marks were. It worked great. I can now touch the ground with both feet when stopped and can start it much easier.

There is one other recommended fix that I may do in addition to my seat mod.That is to add a longer link where your rear shock attaches at the bottom. The link is made by Prolink and it is longer than stock so it changes the angle of the shock and lowers the rear end. Then you may want to see if you went to far down with the forks because that will affect the handling.

Good luck!

this is the best advice on lowering. dont lower a dirtbike

"4 finger digging basturd of P.W.I."
Old 08-27-2007, 03:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kx slaughter king

my bike had adjustable suspension on i when i bought it. the brand sticker is worn off but i found this in about a minute on google, theyre pretty similar to mine. (the first one is for cars but you get the idea)

http://tinyurl.com/2bmm9k

http://tinyurl.com/245lqs
Old 08-28-2007, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 Evil.....If you start lowering a dirt bike you change all the ergonomics. Set your sag first then shave the seat foam. If that don't work the bikes too big for ya. Use a crate to balance if you can' touch the ground. Then rip it up!
00 KX 250 ( for sale )
Pocket bike 50
Old 08-28-2007, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kx slaughter king

i never lowerd mine. its there if i wanna but its still @ stock height. i think it was on there because the guy i bought it off of jumped it so he probailly raised it for that then put it back to factory settings before he sold it. i like em' high anyway. mud, sand, and jumps dont exactly like little bikes.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:33 AM