how do theese preform?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 01:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Default how do theese preform?

i wanna buy one of theese for a 11 year old thats upgrading form a xr70. he wants a faster bike but cant drive clutch to save his life. all i really wanna know is the top speed and how well does handle on loose terrain and mougles?

Old 09-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Default RE: how do theese preform?

The bike is definitely faster than a 70, but don't expect a racing suspension on bumps. We have a KX65 and a KLX110 for my sons. The KX65 rips and great suspension for a 70-90 lb rider, but a lot of power and moderately loud. Not the bike for the neighborhood. My 9 yr old rides the KLX110 and can handle the nastiest woods trails. He doesn't even like to shift the automatic, leave sit in 2nd and lugs the engine like crazy. But, it still pulls him anywhere! The klx110 is bulletproof. Put on Minicross handguards or buy another set of levers. The shift lever won't stay straight for long either, buy a folding shift lever or wire it. Good luck! We were KTM riders until we needed parts!

Old 03-07-2008, 05:59 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: how do theese preform?

i have a stock klx110 and the top speed is about 50-60 i was racing my friends truck and its about what i maxed out at