What I/you did today on the bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 03:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Eric B-we're pretty close, I'm always in Los Gatos or going up 85 to meet up with friends. If you see two EXC-500's, a red KLX250S and a green one thats us! I think I've seen one other KLX around town in the last few years, not to many 250's around town. To bad there isn't any dirt around here though! DOH!!!

That Corbin seat is nice BTW...I think thats almost a big bore kit your sitting on! Probably worth every penny though.

I guess thats my next step, swing arm, steering head, clean/lube the chain...just noticed my front pads are getting pretty low but I think they'll last until fall or early winter. There is a local suspension guru who was going to re valve my forks and get it all tuned up for my weight/terrain I ride...just can't bring my self to drop the dough but this might be a good time to do it...

Old 07-27-2015, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default New top speed test post needle move to 2N from 3N

Finally got the chance to go full throttle at the same location I saw 95mph. Got 97 indicated mph less 5% error my Garmin has shown and I got 92.5 with a slip on and cheap mods. Getting 70 mpg commuting too. If I could get a smaller rear sprocket there would be more but that kind of speed can get sketchy. Anyone put a 16T front sprocket on?

Calculate HP For Speed
Using your vehicle Speed of 92.5 MPH takes 18.91 HP to overcome air drag.
Rolling resistance is 1.60
For a total of 20.51 HP to run 92.5 MPH

Old 07-27-2015, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

That's a pretty close estimate.. You should be 21.75+ hp and over 15.5 lb ft TRQ..

Old 07-28-2015, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, I stripped the suspension today and dropped it off at Smart Performance in Los Gatos. I should have it back by the weekend so I can go for a nice Saturday ride. I'm getting a complete rebuild/revalve from Dave so we'll see how this turns out. I have high expectations from what I've read and the results my buddy had on his bike...

Time to lube, clean and do a few other things while the shocks and what not are out.

Its about time...

My left fork has a small leak from a lay down I had in the desert that ever so slightly got the tube.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I was riding....

Attached Thumbnails What I/you did today on the bike-sedona2015-07.jpg  
Old 07-28-2015, 06:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Lucky, where abouts is that in AZ?

Old 07-28-2015, 07:17 PM
1st Gear Member

That is out west of Sedona, very close to Robber's Roost. We visited there to.... on foot.
It was a good day, only went down once. No personal damage, right bark buster was bashed and needs some TLC.
We rode @ 7am, done about noon

Old 07-29-2015, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice, I always wipe out on that rocky stuff. I love it in a sick'n twisted way, keeps you awake! I've rode AZ once, rode from Lake Havasu to Desert Bar in Parker. I'd like to see more of AZ and Utah for sure.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Tubeless conversion fail

I rode about 200 miles today and 10 miles from home I realized my back tire had been going flat for some miles. Too hot to hold the tire when I stopped and called the cavalry with a pick up. As I was about to slip the inner tube back in I noticed that the rubber rim strip was comepletely gone and the sealant on each spoke nipple was in bad shape. Bad chemistry could have really ended poorly for me. I think I will just stick with tubes, maybe loaded with Stan's sealant and be happy. Is everyone using rubber rim strips? I was thinking about using wide bicycle cloth rim tape.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

EBay brake light with integrated signals, twelve bucks shipped. Fabricated a bracket to mount it directly to the frame and wired it up. Going riding tomorrow to test it out.

Attached Thumbnails What I/you did today on the bike-2015-08-01-22.58.32.jpg  

Quick Reply: What I/you did today on the bike