What all do I need to rejet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 07:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Question What all do I need to rejet?

2006 klx250s stock.

I'm looking to add a few horsepower, I'll maybe install an old slip on exhaust on it later. but what's the cheapest, most efficient way I can go about getting all necessary parts? Also, what type of jet? Specific model?

I'm at about 4k feet.

Last edited by ramsey.mangus; 12-01-2016 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

351 most HP/$. Most kick for little cash, new slide carb.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by durielk
351 most HP/$. Most kick for little cash, new slide carb.
Link?

Old 11-30-2016, 11:10 PM
1st Gear Member

A twelve pack and the patience of Job.

Either get a Dyno Jet kit or look in the KLX250S Cheap Mods in my signature for the Kaw part numbers for the Kiehin brass. You will have to do a bit of playing for the altitude. The drilling is there, maybe do a .019" drill instead of the .020" on the starter jet. Do some research to see if people are going one or two jet sizes leaner for the altitude. The jetting in the Cheap Mods works around 1000 feet +/- a couple thou.

I'd also say take a look at the Dial-A-Jet to make it a bit easier. You jet lean on the main and let it take care of the fuel adding. Still have to do the pilot and needle. I've used one in my singles since around 1997 and in a street bike in 1989-1994. Worked well for me.

Lastly, take a look at the Marcelino Cam Timing Mod, adds some good midrange without much hit on top.

Last edited by klx678; 11-30-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ramsey.mangus
2006 klx250s stock.

I'm looking to add a few horsepower, I'll maybe install an old slip on exhaust on it later. but what's the cheapest, most efficient way I can go about getting all necessary parts? Also, what type of jet? Specific model?

I'm at about 4k feet.

Also, my bike is very very cold blooded. How do I go about drilling the choke jet bigger? Do you recommend it?
Drilling stuff is always great fun.. Chuck up yer favorite bit, but before molesting your bike, "practice run" a hole or two in your forehead..

If your otherwise well running bike won't start cold w choke within 3 seconds, you have a minor fault in the carb (usually pilot system) or fuel that is more than 24 hours old..

Your not going to like this answer, but for "in your face" power gains you can taste every time you ride your stock bike, you do the MCM (Marcelino Cam Mod - see above on klx678's sig line) AND install the DJ2152 kit @ stage 1 (The proper main jet for your altitude is included in the kit.)

Alternatively, choose the DJ2206 kit and I/we will give you instructions on how to use it on your stock bike..

Bye Bye..

Last edited by Klxster; 12-01-2016 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
Drilling stuff is always great fun.. Chuck up yer favorite bit, but before molesting your bike, "practice run" a hole or two in your forehead..

If your otherwise well running bike won't start cold w choke within 3 seconds, you have a minor fault in the carb (usually pilot system) or fuel that is more than 24 hours old..

Your not going to like this answer, but for "in your face" power gains you can taste every time you ride your stock bike, you do the MCM (Marcelino Cam Mod - see above on klx678's sig line) AND install the DJ2152 kit @ stage 1 (The proper main jet for your altitude is included in the kit.)

Alternatively, choose the DJ2206 kit and I/we will give you instructions on how to use it on your stock bike..

Bye Bye..
Thanks

Old 12-01-2016, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Kit was ordered, I'll get back to you on it.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Will it work? Will it work?

Old 12-01-2016, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GBAUTO
Will it work? Will it work?
What?

Old 12-19-2016, 08:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster

Bye Bye..
Kit is in... 4 jets, 2 drill bits, a tipped screw, 2 washers, and a needle.. does that sound right??

Quick Reply: What all do I need to rejet?