Welcome to the KLX250S forum!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Default RE: Welcome to the KLX250S forum!

Great job! This will really help knuckleheads like me find info on mods later. Thanks Todd!

Old 04-08-2006, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

No worries guys. Lots more to come.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:01 PM

Todd,

You da' Man!

Thank for taking on the added responsibilites, putting up with all the questions and making this an awesome site!

You are really appreciated!

Old 04-29-2006, 05:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Just completed reading the ADV thread. I've owned my KLX since 12/10 but just been staying under the radar and absorbing all the information. The links to the information will be invaluble. Great idea, and thanks for your willingness to do it!!!!

Old 06-04-2006, 01:37 AM

Great forum. I have been following it for a while and just got my klx on Thursday. I have owned several motorcycles over the past several years and 1 ds (klr 650), but I have never done much more than basic maintainence. It would be very helpful if there was a little info about the technical skill needed for the mods and an approximate cost. Also are there some mods that need to be done contemporaneously with each other? I would like to do a few quick and cheap mods this summer and then save up for a new pipe and big tank for next year.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:13 PM

This is a great site!Full of all kinds of information that will help my fix my new bike up without making the wrong choices. I just picked up my new 07 KLX yesterday and I will be making mods to get it the way I want it.

Thanks for all the good info!

Old 12-09-2006, 04:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome, Evildoer. There's a great bunch of guys here that will go out of their way to help you. Between all of us, I think we've amassed a fair amount of knowledge about this little green machine.

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

This is a great site!Full of all kinds of information that will help my fix my new bike up without making the wrong choices. I just picked up my new 07 KLX yesterday and I will be making mods to get it the way I want it.

Thanks for all the good info!

Old 12-24-2006, 04:45 AM

cananybody please tell me (website?) where i can order/buy
a.dyno jet kit
b. a 13t sprocket that FITS
c. a light wtexhaust system and how much lighter

i'm trying to avoid going to a pumper, but if it's more cost effective?

06 klx250s, air cover removed, exhaust end cut off and drilled 2 baffles deep
tthat's the longest drill bit i have
the carb pics and tips...priceless

Old 02-18-2007, 04:19 AM

I just got my KLX 250 today - very very fun ride home....I'll look forward to learning from the posts here. Thanks!!! Christy

Old 04-15-2007, 06:43 PM

bmwhd,
I just picked up a new 2006 klx250s yesterday for my daughters 21st birthday. Everything went smoothly at the dealership, all the paperwork was in order including the pre- delivery checklist which was all checked off and signed by the mechanic. We unloaded the bike and she took it for a 16 mile ride down the backroads and trails for an easy break-in. When she retrurned she said that the shifting was rather notchy and couldn't find neutral easily. I did my own check of the bike and found the chain extremely loose like it never had been adjusted and when I stood the bike up to check the oil level it took a couple of seconds for the oil to appear in the window. It looked like a fairly thick oil, so I drained it. It did not look like 10/40 as it should be. Is this an oil that Kawasaki uses for shipment and could any damage have been done by running the motor? I'd like to have all my ducks in a row in the event that I have to verbally shred the dealer. I don't want to keep this bike if there is any damage done.
Also, is Mobil synthetic OK to use? I plan on using one brand of oil exclusively throughout it's life.
Thanks,
Dan

Quick Reply: Welcome to the KLX250S forum!