Welcome to the KLX250S forum!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 07:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Welcome to the KLX250S forum!

Hello from the moderator!

If you're new here, it's likely you have lots of questions about your new bike. Please check out the FAQ first for all your basic questions.

After you've read the FAQ, come back here. This post will act as a guide to get you to the next level of all the wonderful knowledge accumlated so far in this forum. Over time, I'll add links to threads that discuss basic questions on performance mods, maintenance, accessories, etc. here in this post.

If you don't find what you're looking for here or in the FAQ, don't hesitate to post questions to the forum, that's what we're here for!

Here's an example. Check back often to see the list grow!

Maintenance

Check and adjust the valves

Performance

Opening up the KLX250S
Best first mods?
Good pointers on carb mods with pics!
Sprockets and chains and gears - Oh my!

Todd

Old 04-07-2006, 07:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Welcome new KLX250S owners! Read this first please

ORIGINAL: bmwhd

Hello from the moderator!

congrats [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-07-2006, 07:56 PM

Sweet Todd, this will make the forum much easier to search through.
Now don't go all admin god crazy and start banning everyone with all this new power you have accumulated as soon as someone sais something you don't like.

Old 04-07-2006, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Great Job Tood !!! This is going to be excellent for the forum. I myself have dug back thru many posts looking for specific info.
THANK YOU for the hard work !!!

Old 04-07-2006, 08:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: incabiker

Sweet Todd, this will make the forum much easier to search through.
Now don't go all admin god crazy and start banning everyone with all this new power you have accumulated as soon as someone sais something you don't like.
That's it Bill, you're outa here! [>:]

Seriously, no heavy handed tactics here. Just a little house keeping...unless Bill P from TT shows up over here and starts bad-mouthing our valve train...

Old 04-07-2006, 09:06 PM

I know that it sounds like a tedious job, and I might be interested in contributing a bit of my time to it. But is there anyway we can extract all the good, need to know information, and place it in an area where you have direct access too it without having to go through and reading 5 pages of threads to get what you want. Like I said for me its no problem, I memorized page number, thread name, etc... for everthing I needed, but it was hard as hell when I 1st came on here. Like Carb info- Go here, Airbox Mod - go here etc... but without everyones discussions thrown in between all the good info.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: incabiker

I know that it sounds like a tedious job, and I might be interested in contributing a bit of my time to it. But is there anyway we can extract all the good, need to know information, and place it in an area where you have direct access too it without having to go through and reading 5 pages of threads to get what you want. Like I said for me its no problem, I memorized page number, thread name, etc... for everthing I needed, but it was hard as hell when I 1st came on here. Like Carb info- Go here, Airbox Mod - go here etc... but without everyones discussions thrown in between all the good info.
That's the plan. I'm going to develop two kinds of resource here: an FAQ document with direct Q&A on specific mods as well as one like the post at the top of this thread which will be more like a hall of wisdom with direct links to past threads in case the reader wants all the background info.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:09 AM

Todd,
Its really is great what your doing.. your making life much easier for everyone.. thanks man I really apreciate it!!

Old 04-08-2006, 05:10 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I just joined today but I have been reading this board since day one(before bmwhd and deej had bought their bike) and you guys were a big influence in my purchase decision. I was impressed by the enthusiasm shown by you all for the KLX and was amazed at how quickly the KLX board grew! The bike is even better than I had imagined and I am extremely pleased with it.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Default RE: Welcome to the KLX250S forum!

Been reading this forum for the last couple of weeks and finally bit the bullet and bought the bike. So far, I love it!!! Will probably leave it stock for a while since I haven't ridden anything in about 23 years.

And I have to say, thanks for the input everyone has posted on this board. It was a major influence for me purchasing this bike.

My neighbors should now be very afraid......

Quick Reply: Welcome to the KLX250S forum!