Uncommon Vendor - Mark Krieger Cam Chain Tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Uncommon Vendor - Mark Krieger Cam Chain Tensioner

Be aware we have a very uncommon vendor among us.

Mark Krieger of Cam Chain Fame.

I had purchased a CCTensioner from him and sold the bike before I had a chance to install it. New owner not interested in the CCT (his loss).

I placed a for sale ad on this forum to sell the tensioner.

Mark watched the add for a few days waiting until almost 30 people had viewed it.

He then contacted me and offered my money back. He wanted to be sure people had time to pick it up at a really good price from me before offering the refund.

How many businesses would do something like that?

So Mark K. is the man and a big thank you for customer service way beyond what might be expected.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Good for him! .... and good for you for passing the story on to us. Definitely a classy way to do business. Its real easy to complain when something goes a little wrong, but the good deeds don't always get the mention they deserve.
Dan

Old 12-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That's cool. It's always nice to hear a positive experience about a company.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I bought a tensioner from him and he is great to deal with. I contacted him with questions and he made time between teaching his classes to answer my qyestions. The product rocks and got rid of that God awful cam chain sound.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:47 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
That's cool. It's always nice to hear a positive experience about a company.
Company???!!! deej, the guy is a one-man operation who works out of a '47 Airstream trailer down on the border with Tijuana, Mexico. He makes these tensioners out of old Dos Equis beer cans.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hahahahaha. Sounds like the most interesting man in the world.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Company???!!! deej, the guy is a one-man operation who works out of a '47 Airstream trailer down on the border with Tijuana, Mexico. He makes these tensioners out of old Dos Equis beer cans.
I know this is like 2 years old, but I just had a rider on the phone who picked up a couple EX250 tensioners told me about the trailer in Tijuana...

Funny thing is right now after a couple nights with lows in the minus teens and daytime highs in single digits, I'm considering looking for an Airstream and moving to Tijuana!

Ya gotta appreciate motorcyclists... what senses of humor.

Oh, I am the most interesting man in the world... my own little world...

Old 03-03-2015, 01:12 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
I know this is like 2 years old, but I just had a rider on the phone who picked up a couple EX250 tensioners told me about the trailer in Tijuana...

Funny thing is right now after a couple nights with lows in the minus teens and daytime highs in single digits, I'm considering looking for an Airstream and moving to Tijuana!

Ya gotta appreciate motorcyclists... what senses of humor.

Oh, I am the most interesting man in the world... my own little world...
LOL!...yeah, amazingly even here in Texas my wife and I spent this past Thursday through Sunday locked in the house with snow and ice everywhere. I'll save you a spot for your trailer, as I've just arrived in Tijuana with mine.

Attached Thumbnails Uncommon Vendor - Mark Krieger Cam Chain Tensioner-img_20141203_161621793_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by TNC; 03-03-2015 at 01:16 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 03-04-2015, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Now you know how we feel for about four months a year... but boy is it worth it for the other eight! My daughter and son-in-law who live in Austin tell me how the foliage turns from green to brown. We get a spectrum in October. Less "hot season" too.

But I'd gladly be a snow bird taking advantage of both Ohio and Texas...

Some toy hauler there!

Old 03-04-2015, 04:14 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Now Mark, it's not just hot or cold here...LOL! Really, only the end of June through about mid-September is what you'd call hot. The rest of the year is pretty darned nice. That pic of my trailer and KLX was this past mid-December in Big Bend...weather was awesome for two weeks. Though not in Tijuana, the Mexico border and the Rio Grande is only about 10 miles from my camp there.

Attached Thumbnails Uncommon Vendor - Mark Krieger Cam Chain Tensioner-img_20141212_105657077.jpg  

Quick Reply: Uncommon Vendor - Mark Krieger Cam Chain Tensioner