Unabiker Rad guards

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Unabiker Rad guards

Well I finally got my new Unabiker guards today....... to say I'm a little disappointed would be an understatement. They are so poorly machined I think they must have been made by a 1st yr apprentice. Not only that but the edges are so sharp they could cut you like a razor. For the money paid for them they could have at least finished them off better. They better fit properly or I'll be really pissed off.
Regrettably I bought the black ones which means I can't even finish them off properly without ruining the finish and I'm not going to pay to have them re-coated

not happy Jan!!!

Old 09-11-2015, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by griffo1962
Well I finally got my new Unabiker guards today....... to say I'm a little disappointed would be an understatement. They are so poorly machined I think they must have been made by a 1st yr apprentice. Not only that but the edges are so sharp they could cut you like a razor. For the money paid for them they could have at least finished them off better. They better fit properly or I'll be really pissed off.
Regrettably I bought the black ones which means I can't even finish them off properly without ruining the finish and I'm not going to pay to have them re-coated

not happy Jan!!!
I was just looking at buying a set.. good to know. Thanks for the post!

Old 09-11-2015, 04:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Cant you return them?

Old 09-11-2015, 05:54 AM
1st Gear Member

I like my Unabiker rad guards. From what I have seen compared to the other offerings (scorpion) for the KLX these offer great protecion.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ruggybuggy
Cant you return them?
I bought them from an Ebay vendor. Not really their problem. Also the postage would be a killer from downunder........

Old 09-11-2015, 07:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2veedubs
I like my Unabiker rad guards. From what I have seen compared to the other offerings (scorpion) for the KLX these offer great protecion.
they certainly look like they're strong, just poorly machined & finished.....

Old 09-12-2015, 02:10 PM
1st Gear Member

I've been very pleased with mine, from fit and finish to install to performance.

These guards are artisanal (made in Indiana in a small shop) so I wonder if you could have gotten counterfeits made in China or something? I'd contact the owner directly

https://www.facebook.com/UnabikerDirtBikeArmor

Unabiker.com

Old 09-12-2015, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by griffo1962
they certainly look like they're strong, just poorly machined & finished.....
well, we got round to fitting these yesterday. The bike was obviously dropped by the PO hard on each side at least once and both rads were slightly tweaked. this made lining things up slightly more difficult. The left side fitting went pretty well but once we got to the right side things went south. The holes for the braces do not line up. they were off by almost 6mm which made getting the outside bolts in very difficult.

Once all done they seem to be amazingly strong. Just a shame about the poor machining & finish.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KawaBiker
I've been very pleased with mine, from fit and finish to install to performance.

These guards are artisanal (made in Indiana in a small shop) so I wonder if you could have gotten counterfeits made in China or something? I'd contact the owner directly

https://www.facebook.com/UnabikerDirtBikeArmor

Unabiker.com
I ad a closer look at the photos of the finished products on his web site & they show the same poor machining that I have on mine. What appears to be cutter chatter or just poor programming in CAD. The cutouts all have very "wavy" edges, the lettering is the same. As if the material moved when being cut.....

Old 09-13-2015, 04:17 PM
1st Gear Member

I installed a set of these rad guards on my DRZ 4 years back and they were a b*tch to fit, but very strong, IMHO.

I've put off installing a set on the wife's KLX....mostly because of dreading/avoiding the wrestling match to make them fit.

Are you listening Unabiker??

Quick Reply: Unabiker Rad guards