Trade Powercore4 for Q4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Trade Powercore4 for Q4?

Anyone interested in trading their Q4 for my Powercore4? The PW4 is just too loud while warming the bike up behind my townhouse. Shipping on me.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gwolf
Anyone interested in trading their Q4 for my Powercore4? The PW4 is just too loud while warming the bike up behind my townhouse. Shipping on me.
I Posted the same question a week or so ago , No takers, I bought a slip in tip that took some of the bite out of it , Better, But still a little loud ...I have a quiet core pc that you drill out the rivets on the end cap and install it and rivet it or screw it back together ,I didn't feel like going through that exercise , So I bought the more expensive one If your up for the job PM me I'll let it go half price shipped .looks like it will do the job better than the one I bought ...

Last edited by donA; 03-31-2017 at 03:31 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:46 AM
1st Gear Member

I have a Powercore 4 and bought the Quiet Tip insert. Not bad at all now, big difference. Matter of fact, I may cut a little off for a little extra bark. I know guys that put a few wraps of silencer cloth on that insert. Made it quieter than stock.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Werloc
I have a Powercore 4 and bought the Quiet Tip insert. Not bad at all now, big difference. Matter of fact, I may cut a little off for a little extra bark. I know guys that put a few wraps of silencer cloth on that insert. Made it quieter than stock.
What is this silencer cloth ? Never heard of it ..

Old 03-31-2017, 04:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Silencer cloth is fiberglass batting kinda like what you would see in a furnace filter. Inside the silencer can is a perforated tube. You wrap the fiberglass "packing" around that inner tube and it will quiet the exhaust. FMF among others sells it and it is a cheap try.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Werloc
Which insert did you buy?

Old 03-31-2017, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Q4 is loud enough for me, I am going deaf and thinking about a header just to reduce the volume

Old 03-31-2017, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by donA
What is this silencer cloth ? Never heard of it ..
Yeah, It's fiberglass Silencer or Muffler Packing. It's for repacking old silencers that are clogged up or just shot.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gwolf
Which insert did you buy?
It is:

FMF Exhaust Quiet Insert Screen
Powercore 4/Ti, Powercore 4, 1 1/8"
Model# 040630

It was $42 shipped from an ebay vendor. This is the packaging with my old stock FMF insert in it. The quiet insert is also US Forestry Service Approved Spark arrestor.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by reinigef
Silencer cloth is fiberglass batting kinda like what you would see in a furnace filter. Inside the silencer can is a perforated tube. You wrap the fiberglass "packing" around that inner tube and it will quiet the exhaust. FMF among others sells it and it is a cheap try.
I'm, familiar with what your talking about I've repacked a few cans . Thought it was something different

Quick Reply: Trade Powercore4 for Q4?