Todays score!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member

I would like to score on a trailer like that!

Old 07-26-2015, 03:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Here's one but a bit far away from you:
Rocky Mountain Flea Market | Page 841 | Adventure Rider

Old 07-26-2015, 11:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, thats the same exact trailer I got. I paid a lot less than that, but still, at $1,500., that's still a smoken good deal. I'd buy that in a heartbeat if it was near me and I was still looking. Pretty sure the OP'er is interested in or bought a hitch carrier. Only posted pics of mine explaining why I no longer need my hitch carrier.

Cool beans.....

Old 07-26-2015, 12:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I bought the carrier in the OP but would certainly have use for a trailer!

Old 07-26-2015, 01:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I was perfectly happy with my hitch carrier. While talking to a friend, the topic of riding came up and hitch carriers. Told him that I really wish I still had my enclosed trailer that I had back in my racing days. Then he tells me his neighbor has a small one he just put up for sale and knows he'd let it go for around $1,000 bucks cuz he needs to sell it super quick in time for a bigger trailer he has on order. So, after agreeing on $800 bucks, I just couldn't pass it up. For that price, hell, I could just flip it and make a quick $500 to $700. But it just has so many uses, and a perfect size for my bike on back of my Tacoma, it's an awesome little hauler. Plus, I don't have a garage. My bike stays in my little 8x10 shed. So it's now the new home for the bike. My wife is happy cuz we can now put the snow blower, lawn mower, grill, chairs, and other yard stuff I kicked out for the bike....LOL It's just a win win win. This is the 7th enclosed motorcycle trailer I owned. There are plenty decent cheap ones on Craigslist. You just have to act quick when you find a good deal. In the passed 5 weeks that I had mine, 3 of my riding buddies bought enclosed trailers on CL for under $1400. I think I started something. All 3 of these guys had hitch carriers.....LOL A bunch of us (16), do 3 to 5 day trips riding out of state a few times a year, so the trailers are kinda needed. I just never thought about it cuz I don't have much money. Tight riding budget.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I've had 3 hitch carriers thus far and have yet to really use one. I still have one just in case I want to use it someday. But I just don't care for how the bike teters when mounted. I just feel better mounting a bike on a small trailer.
I know lots of people use them with great results though.
I would love to have an enclosed trailer, but nowadays the problem is I would need too big of one to keep the kids bikes. That and when I get home from riding I like to unload and clean them all up.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Savage
I've had 3 hitch carriers thus far and have yet to really use one. I still have one just in case I want to use it someday. But I just don't care for how the bike teters when mounted. I just feel better mounting a bike on a small trailer.
I know lots of people use them with great results though.
I would love to have an enclosed trailer, but nowadays the problem is I would need too big of one to keep the kids bikes. That and when I get home from riding I like to unload and clean them all up.
Yeah, I used the crap out of mine. Get yourself one of these, and no more wobble. Becomes one with your vehical, works great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049IZSS8..._rHsTvbSFE5P5E

Last edited by Werloc; 07-26-2015 at 06:43 PM.