Throttle tube sleeve for KLX250S

Old 03-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Default Throttle tube sleeve for KLX250S

Where can I find a AFTERMARKET throttle tube for a 2008-2013 klx250s?
I asked motion pro and they said they did not make any. I have searched high and low for just a sleeve. The OEM comes with a stupid grip already glued to it. I want just the sleeve so I can put some cool grips onit.
do any other bikes fit the same?
PLEASE HELP!

Old 03-15-2013, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffreytucker
Where can I find a AFTERMARKET throttle tube for a 2008-2013 klx250s?..The OEM comes with a stupid grip already glued to it. I want just the sleeve so I can put some cool grips onit.
I encountered the same problem when I wanted to install heated grips. I ended up just using a knife to whittle off the stock grip from the OEM throttle tube. I then reused it with a new heated grip epoxy'd on.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Motion Pro part # 01-0094. Can get them on amazon for about $10.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by jaemersonke
Motion Pro part # 01-0094. Can get them on amazon for about $10.
I see you have a 2012 KLX250s and it fit? u bought one? The website says that they do not fit. And I called motion pro and they said there product does not fit.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:44 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Having replaced the CV carb with a pumper carb last year, I replaced the well worn OEM throttle tube and just went to a single pull cable...even though the new tube was also a dual cable design. I just ordered a Motion Pro replacement tube which if I'm not mistaken is a very generic model that many other bikes and brands use. While the OEM tube has that stupid flange at the housing end, this is basically a useless design that prohibits using most aftermarket grips. Most people just grind that flange away when still using the OEM tube. That flange is often why part numbers don't show up, because technically most replacement tubes won't have that flange. And if you find a nylon replacement with that flange, just grind off the flange on a bench grinder.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffreytucker
I see you have a 2012 KLX250s and it fit? u bought one? The website says that they do not fit. And I called motion pro and they said there product does not fit.
Yep, fit the 2012 and bought another one for my dad's 2010 and it fit just like stock.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:47 PM

I know this is an old thread but it is one of the first on the list on Google search, as it should be.

The Motion Pro part #70-8094 works perfect it just does not have a plastic ring the grip stops on like the stock Kawasaki one. (SEE PICS) If you call Motion Pro there tech department will tell you they do not make one for the 09-on KLX250s but they do make one for the 09 KX 450. If you look at the Kawasaki part numbers for the throttle tube/grip they are the same for both bikes.
Name:  DSCF0943.jpg
Views: 2483
Size:  94.3 KB
Name:  DSCF0942.jpg
Views: 2526
Size:  88.3 KB
Motion Pro makes good stuff but apparently there techs are only as good as there computers.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Plastic? You guys are crazy. Get zeta, aluminum quick turn throttle

Zeta Aluminum Throttle Tube | Shop | Wheeling Cycle Supply

Old 08-01-2014, 03:36 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
Plastic? You guys are crazy. Get zeta, aluminum quick turn throttle

Zeta Aluminum Throttle Tube | Shop | Wheeling Cycle Supply
Here's a benefit of a plastic throttle tube...at least for a dirt bike. Even with hand guards your throttle tube can take a lick from a rock or tree, especially in a crash. The metal throttle can dent to the point of enough friction to drag on the handlebar. I can remember trying to ride and finish an enduro with a dragging metal tube once. The plastic tubes will almost always hold up enough to finish a ride or even a trip even when they're fairly well cracked up. The grip seems to hold them together enough. Motion Pro even makes a newer design made out of some "super plastic" that is just about indestructible. There's a reason that plastic throttle tubes are still in widespread use. Well engineered aluminum tubes are nice, and I like them on street bikes.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Here's a benefit of a plastic throttle tube...at least for a dirt bike. Even with hand guards your throttle tube can take a lick from a rock or tree, especially in a crash. The metal throttle can dent to the point of enough friction to drag on the handlebar. I can remember trying to ride and finish an enduro with a dragging metal tube once. The plastic tubes will almost always hold up enough to finish a ride or even a trip even when they're fairly well cracked up. The grip seems to hold them together enough. Motion Pro even makes a newer design made out of some "super plastic" that is just about indestructible. There's a reason that plastic throttle tubes are still in widespread use. Well engineered aluminum tubes are nice, and I like them on street bikes.
I always thought plastic would shatter and pieces would get stuck in the grip and cause the same problem . I didn't even think of the aluminum denting and dragging on the handle bar learn something new everyday

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Throttle tube sleeve for KLX250S