Stock foam and cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Stock foam and cover

I just bought a seat concepts foam and cover kit, the stock foam came off in one peice with a tiny tear on the back. Would anyone be interested in the faom and cover?

Old 06-27-2014, 11:21 AM
1st Gear Member

I think you're gonna love the seat concepts....the only issue I have with the seat is that there is a tendency to 'roll' on it side to side while cornering. The stock seat holds you in place better on single track etc. BUT for the comfort I will not go back to stock. I've done 3 hour rides with very little discomfort.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Thats what i was looking for more long range comfort. I was a bit nervous about doing the process my self but it's actually pretty easy. My butt is looking forward to some comfort

Old 06-29-2014, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Just got back from a 50 mile ride and wow what a difference! Should did this right after I bought the bike.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:33 AM
1st Gear Member

I didn't see what year your klx is on your profile. (Not that you didn't put it up, more likely that I'm an incompetent noob lol)
I took off my seat strap since its right where my butt likes to sit and that helped comfort wise, but before I decide on lowering links, I'd like to get the seat dialed in perfectly.
Did the seat concepts raise or lower your inseam height? If you know how much?
Thanks in advance.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Just Googled it and found they sell a 1" lower seat - yay I may not have to lower after all!
Icing on the cake is that they're only two cities over from me. I'm gonna see if I can just show up and see it in person.
One drawback is the seat has seams that are not waterproof, perhaps some camp dry silicone sealer or scotchguard might fix that?

Old 06-30-2014, 11:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Calisaki250
Just Googled it and found they sell a 1" lower seat - yay I may not have to lower after all!
Icing on the cake is that they're only two cities over from me. I'm gonna see if I can just show up and see it in person.
One drawback is the seat has seams that are not waterproof, perhaps some camp dry silicone sealer or scotchguard might fix that?
If you get the lower seat height you will sacrifice comfort. I emailed them about that before I ordered mine.
The seat kit comes with a plastic liner that you can install between the foam and cover and works great for keeping things dry.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member

2012 honestly it might have raised it a bit but when i sat on it it lowered back to what I think is stock height. I'm 6'4 so i can't really give you a good answer but you won't regret buying one.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I guess I'll go with the standard height then, comfort is a priority here. After owning it for 5 years the suspension has sagged/settled down almost an inch. I lowered the front by sliding the mounts up the forks 5/8 of an inch. I'm so close to being flat footed and that's my goal. I guess I'll do the seat first then if needed go for some lowering links or?? Anyhow thanks

Old 07-01-2014, 01:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I am looking into getting the complete seat from Seat Concepts so I dont have to mess around, Is this seat really that much better ? I have a bad lower back and I cant ride with that stock seat for more than 30 min and Im in pain !

Anyone know how the Corbin stacks up against Seat Concepts ?

Last edited by yzf125; 07-01-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Stock foam and cover