Short Levers

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 05:52 AM
AZR
1st Gear Member
Default Short Levers

I'm looking to replace the clutch and brake levers on my '07 with shorter versions. Searching the forum pulls up several older references to ebay and one to DRC replacements via Wheeling Cycle Supply.

Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience/recommendations as to buying short levers. I'm looking for direct swaps that will work with the clutch safety switch and the brake light switch.

Thanks

Old 03-06-2016, 11:23 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 03-07-2016, 11:53 AM
1st Gear Member

zeta levers are top notch, but a bit costly. you can find the a smiler pair under $50 by Pazoma (search for Pazoma Pivot Billet Brake Clutch Levers klx250) made in HK . I used to own a pair, finishing is the same as the zeta they seem to be solid even after a low side crash few scratches only. Lets not get too technical with the aluminium type the zeta ones are better.

Old 03-15-2016, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by AZR
I'm looking to replace the clutch and brake levers on my '07 with shorter versions. Searching the forum pulls up several older references to ebay and one to DRC replacements via Wheeling Cycle Supply.

Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience/recommendations as to buying short levers. I'm looking for direct swaps that will work with the clutch safety switch and the brake light switch.

Thanks
You might be **** outa luck as far as finding levers that work with the clutch sensor, I just cut my wires and connected them together so it still starts in gear, my brake light still works fine with the shorty levers though. I got mine off of eBay for like 30 bucks after a simple search, I recently replaced my clutch lever with the RSC lever which I highly recommend, it runs about 115.00 bucks though depending on the bearing you chose but its very smooth.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by MeanGreenMachine; 03-15-2016 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Do these shorter levers work with bark busters? I cut the ends of my stock levers off to fit nicely with my bark busters.

The only downside is I pinch my pinky finger under the lever..

Old 03-15-2016, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by toomanytoys84
Do these shorter levers work with bark busters? I cut the ends of my stock levers off to fit nicely with my bark busters.

The only downside is I pinch my pinky finger under the lever..
Yes they will! Mine fit great with my handgaurd, and still a lil bit of room to spare.
Green CNC Dirtbike Pivot Brake Clutch Levers for Kawasaki KLX250 2008 2013 09 10 | eBay

Old 03-17-2016, 08:28 PM
AZR
1st Gear Member

I ended up going with the DRC short levers from Wheeling Cycle Supply.

DRC Replacement OEM Levers | Shop | Wheeling Cycle Supply

For my 2007 I got D40-13-409 for the brake, and D40-03-310 for the clutch.

They just swapped right in for the old levers and everything works fine. Clutch sensor and brake light work just like they did with the stock levers. Just move the brake adjustment bolt from the old lever to the new one (threaded hole is already there).

They fit perfectly behind my Cycra handguards. The difference in length is about 3/4" or so, basically the length the ball.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MeanGreenMachine
Yes they will! Mine fit great with my handgaurd, and still a lil bit of room to spare.
Green CNC Dirtbike Pivot Brake Clutch Levers for Kawasaki KLX250 2008 2013 09 10 | eBay
I got these same ones on mine. Quick shipping and they look and work great with bark busters.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kennysupermoto
zeta levers are top notch, but a bit costly. you can find the a smiler pair under $50 by Pazoma (search for Pazoma Pivot Billet Brake Clutch Levers klx250) made in HK . I used to own a pair, finishing is the same as the zeta they seem to be solid even after a low side crash few scratches only. Lets not get too technical with the aluminium type the zeta ones are better.
Just picked up one of these. Been wanting to try a shorter lever but not sure if I would like it. The price plus shipping (free) of these were cheap enough for a test. They fit well and seem strong enough. Look decent too. Went out with them yesterday and they work. That's about all I can say. It'll take some time to get used to a shorter lever but I can see the advantages of having one. Just wish these were a tad bit shorter.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by outrecording
Just picked up one of these. Been wanting to try a shorter lever but not sure if I would like it. The price plus shipping (free) of these were cheap enough for a test. They fit well and seem strong enough. Look decent too. Went out with them yesterday and they work. That's about all I can say. It'll take some time to get used to a shorter lever but I can see the advantages of having one. Just wish these were a tad bit shorter.
Most short leavers are categorised under 3 finger clutch. Try ASV or RSC leavers (or trim the leavers)

Quick Reply: Short Levers