Security Alarm for the KLX - Super cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 02:33 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Security Alarm for the KLX - Super cheap!

Well while roaming through this forum I found a lot of people getting there bike stolen and destroyed, and being hardcore paranoid like I am, I ordered myself a security alarm for my KLX. I had a very tight budget and I expected these things to be all over 100$ but I found a pretty decent one for 10.59$!

It's just a small device you put under your bike powered by a battery (Not a motorcycle battery, just a normal one) and you activate it using a remote it. It is sooo sensitive, as soon as it get touched it starts beeping (like a car alarm) at 120 dB and you turn it off using the remote.

The battery that comes with it, a cheap 9V, I left it on for 2 weeks now and it's still working like if nothing even used it. I'm going to get a better battery and use that from now on. The building a work in, if somebody sets it off I can hear it properly from inside. For 10$ CAN, can't go wrong.

I just wanted to let people like me, that are on a tight budget, know that there is something decent for you with no wiring or nothing.
Thanks!

(I'm not the one selling this, i'm not trying to advertise just want to help!)

Motorcycle Motorbike Scooter Anti-theft Security Alarm: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement Motorcycle Motorbike Scooter Anti-theft Security Alarm: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Old 02-13-2014, 02:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya the thefts have got me thinking too, lol I have a scorpio paging alarm on my honda vtx1800 and I'm ready to alarm the klx. I would rather it be hard wired and i found these while you got me looking on amazon. But I will probably pony up to more money and get another paging alarm.
Amazon.com: Basic Motorcycle Alarm Security System with 2 Remote Controls: Automotive Amazon.com: Basic Motorcycle Alarm Security System with 2 Remote Controls: Automotive

Amazon.com: Basic Motorcycle Alarm Security System with 2 Remote Controls: Automotive Amazon.com: Basic Motorcycle Alarm Security System with 2 Remote Controls: Automotive

Old 02-13-2014, 03:00 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I looked at that one too, but I specifically posted mine because it's literally plug and play. Especially for people like me that get confused as soon as they see wires, wiring up my LED's and 12v power outlet took me hours to figure lol.

Although for 13$ plus shipping, that's crazy good if you know what you're doing!

Old 02-13-2014, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by daren1093251
I looked at that one too, but I specifically posted mine because it's literally plug and play. Especially for people like me that get confused as soon as they see wires, wiring up my LED's and 12v power outlet took me hours to figure lol.

Although for 13$ plus shipping, that's crazy good if you know what you're doing!
I like the perimeter alert on my Scorpio, but those are double the price i paid 5 years ago...

Old 02-13-2014, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I use ABUS Detecto 7000 RS1 on my front brake. Its a combined disc brake lock and alarm that activates when it gets moved around.
I use a no-name lock on the rear brake.
I use an Abus chain when I am parked at home
I am also going to purchase a high-end GPS tracker one of these days.

I dont want my bike stolen ever again. This gear is expensive, but its still cheaper than what you have to pay in repairs and insurance fees when your bike gets stolen.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nikolaj Lykke
I use ABUS Detecto 7000 RS1 on my front brake. Its a combined disc brake lock and alarm that activates when it gets moved around.
I use a no-name lock on the rear brake.
I use an Abus chain when I am parked at home
I am also going to purchase a high-end GPS tracker one of these days.

I dont want my bike stolen ever again. This gear is expensive, but its still cheaper than what you have to pay in repairs and insurance fees when your bike gets stolen.
Yeah I use a XENA disc lock

Old 02-13-2014, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

whats the difference between the xena and the abus?

Old 02-13-2014, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

The brake system thing that when they move it around, where did you find this and is this a simple thing to activate let's say when you get off the bike or do you have to take it out of your backpack, put it around the disc brake, lock it and go? I like the cheap one I have just because it's using the press of a button. Although yours is A LOT more effective.

Thanks

Old 02-13-2014, 05:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Not sure what the difference is between the Abus and the Xena. The Abus is widely available here and that is why I got it. You can put it on and activate it with one hand, so its easy to use. It also fits in the toolpouch on the KLX.

Here is a review of it on:

Its not as loud as I could have hoped for and thieves can still steal it if they wish, but its going to be a lot more noticable to anyone in the area if someone tries to **** with it.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

That's actually really cool, I know what my next investment is Not yet, but in the future.

Quick Reply: Security Alarm for the KLX - Super cheap!