Santa brought me one of these...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 08:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Santa brought me one of these...

Trail Tech || Voyager - The Trail Riders GPS

and I'm debating where to install it. I'm leaning towards removing the factory instrument panel and putting the voyager in its place (santa brought an accesory triple clamp bracket too). The screen on the Voyager should be "bright enough" to see the gps track clearly meaning I don't think I'd gain any visibility by having it mounted up on the bars (which are oem). But I really don't know what pulling the oem panel means operationally... is there more to it than just removing it and "capping off" existing wiring? Where would you put the Voyager?

Old 12-24-2014, 09:40 AM
1st Gear Member

You shouldn't have any issues removing the stock meter. You should be able to piggyback some of the sensor circuits from the stock harness so that the voyager will give you all of the same info that the oe meter did. I know that Beta uses that model on their bikes so it should do just fine. Post up some pics of the install when you get it done.

Old 12-25-2014, 01:45 PM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=GBAUTO;516973 I know that Beta uses that model on their bikes so it should do just fine. Post up some pics of the install when you get it done.[/QUOTE]

Wow, those Betas look nice. I'll get pics up when the install is done.

Old 12-25-2014, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I want one of those too.
Santa brought me this...Ogio Flight Hydration Vest

Last edited by MaximusPrime; 12-25-2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the name
Old 12-26-2014, 02:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime
I want one of those too.
Santa brought me this...Ogio Flight Hydration Vest
I've used the Ogio vest for over three years now and can't say enough good about it. One tough piece of gear with weight so well balanced it almost disappears.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Default What's in your vest?

Haven't actually seen it yet. What do/can you carry in it?
Hoping to get some crap permanently out of my jacket and some often used tools stowed in it.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

In the pocket behind the hydration pack I carry a first aid kit and Sawyer Extractor snake and sting kit.

Left back are more first aid and emergency supplies (toilet paper, small pkg of baby wipes, latex and nitrile gloves, whistle, fire starter, water filter straw, water purification tabs, spare pair of glasses, compass, pencil, write-in-rain paper, Israeli bandage, etc., etc.), Mountain Morph tire pump, and a few other things not coming to mind. This stuff and the first aid kit in the middle back pocket generally never change. It's always there.

Right back pocket depends. Maybe a spare jersey or rain slicker and/or more fluids.

Right chest pocket holds the phone. (side bar - I had this vest on when snowmobiling almost three years ago when I got whacked by another rider and resulted in a fractured femur. My phone was the only one of our group that worked and it was right there in this check pocket. We called in the life flight calvary. It stays there now.)

Left check pockets hold ear plugs, ear buds, spare batteries for gps and SPOT, mp3 player, lip balm, gum.

Left lower small pockets hold a knife & flashlight, 5-hour energy, and other miscellaneous stuff.

Left and right large pockets usually hold snacks and lunch, maps, and perhaps a beverage.

I've popped small holes in the hydration pack, but only when it was filled to the full 2L. Now I fill it only 3/4 full and haven't had a problem.

Last edited by IDRIDR; 12-26-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Sweet, thanks for answering that. It's going to be perfect if I can get it to fit right, which I will.

Back to klx-vn...
Have you started the install yet?

I'm considering some serious cockpit changes and that could be on the list.
I keep taking the front apart to look for a place to add my LED light and that damn dash is huge and taking the space I want.
How much smaller is it than the stock dash?

Old 12-27-2014, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

- I thought the Ogio vest was a SCUBA BC for a minute there..

Old 12-27-2014, 08:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime
Back to klx-vn...
Have you started the install yet?
Nope... busy shopping for an Ogio :-D Bummer that Santa brought me a new Camelback backpack too...

Last edited by klx-vn; 12-27-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Santa brought me one of these...