Saddlebags, luggage rack

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 05:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Saddlebags, luggage rack

Proud new owner of a new old stock 12 KLX250S and am needing room to store stuff. Kinda interested in some cheap nylon saddle bags for now. Since I bought the bike for cash funds are depleted. Luggage rack would interest me also if it's plug n play. I just need some storage and Don't want it to look like Barney Fife's bike would look. Any suggestions or links? Kawi oem parts are a little too pricey for me right now. TIA. I was looking on Ebay and wonder if these would work. Kwik Tek ATV Logic Black ATV Tank Saddlebags SB 6B 966519 | eBay Any input would be appreciated. I love the bike and have a lot to learn.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

The right one is going to leave big black plastic burn marks on your muffler unless you have a pannier frame.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Check out Wolfman luggage, I run the Enduro Tank bag and the E-12 rear bags, both work great! No racks needed either! Just beware the tank bag is fine but the rear bags rest on the plastics so the dust and dirt gets in there and rubs the crap out of them...so if your concerned about your plastics you might want a rear rack with bags that don't rest on the bike or to put something protective on the bike...I figure its a dual sport so who cares, not to mention I could probably buy two new plastics and its still cheaper than racks and fancy luggage.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Or check out Giant Loop, I think the coyote was the other bag I was considering.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NorCalKLX
Or check out Giant Loop, I think the coyote was the other bag I was considering.
Here's a Coyote and a Wolfman tank bag.

The Coyote is a bit pricey, but it is quite versatile. Easy to move from bike to bike and to remove from the bike when not needed.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member
Default tourmaster select sissy bar bag/ givi hard case

Originally Posted by 2wheeler
Proud new owner of a new old stock 12 KLX250S and am needing room to store stuff. Kinda interested in some cheap nylon saddle bags for now. Since I bought the bike for cash funds are depleted. Luggage rack would interest me also if it's plug n play. I just need some storage and Don't want it to look like Barney Fife's bike would look. Any suggestions or links? Kawi oem parts are a little too pricey for me right now. TIA. I was looking on Ebay and wonder if these would work. Kwik Tek ATV Logic Black ATV Tank Saddlebags SB 6B 966519 | eBay Any input would be appreciated. I love the bike and have a lot to learn.

I have a PMR sissy bar rack. I have a Tourmaster Select sissy bar bag. its big enough to hold my helmet, and the best feature is when its not mounted its easily removed.

Nelson Riggs and others make a duffel bag type pack. just check out motorcycle super store or revzilla.

If I had to do over, I might consider a Givi HardCase, the only draw back would be it wouldn't be easily removed. but it does lock, and you can even add brake lights to the inside of the case to you existing brake lights.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Tourmaster

Photo

Attached Thumbnails Saddlebags, luggage rack-image.jpg  
Old 06-19-2015, 12:43 AM
1st Gear Member

I made a heat shield out of some scrap metal for the exhaust and made a luggage rack using the 4 holes from the tool bag and used a plastic cutting board as the rack. I can lift the back of the bike by that rack so it's semi tough. $10 for the cutting board and some paint for the shield.

Nelson Riggs I think are the bags I bought. 40 liters each ( don't know what that converts to in U.S. Size)

PM me if u want pics.

Last edited by ianmcdca; 06-19-2015 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-19-2015, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member

One thing to consider is Wolfman makes water proof and water resistant luggage...what I have specifically is water resistant. The tank bag could be advertised water proof IMHO because in heavy rain and even a sleet storm I got caught in proved to keep everything dry. The E12 bags definitely aren't water proof at all. They sell custom fit dry bags for them or just buy REI dry bags for cheaper. Or get one big rollie bag got up top to keep your important stuff dry. The E12s mount real high and flush with the seat, it's great, plus the have cinch straps and plenty of D rings for cargo management. Going back to the Coyote bag, that one looks great although I wouldn't know first hand. Also, that bag is water proof so ultimately I don't think it's THAT expensive.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Lots of good ideas, thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: Saddlebags, luggage rack