rack and or bag

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member
Default rack and or bag

hey guys im thinking of getting some type of luggage for the bike. its a 2014. do you guys have any reccomendations? ive just been putting my wallet in the little tool pouch thing.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 05-04-2014, 04:52 AM
1st Gear Member

I too am a fan of the Giant Loop Coyote. Soft luggage is safer on your legs during a fall and its not too difficult to remove/install. If all street riding, I'd look to something harder like from Happy Trails or similar.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:31 AM
1st Gear Member

I think hard luggage is just as dangerous on the street, it's just that you're less likely to go down. Any kind of non-asphalt touring is sooner or later going to run you into mud and that invariably leads to dumps - don't ask me how I know.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Well for sure get a rack.. Everyone needs one, they come in handy
Then just look around.. See what suits your needs..
I strap on a Moose Racing tail bag..
Also get a tank bag..
I use a Joe Rocket..

Old 05-05-2014, 01:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by skelator
hey guys im thinking of getting some type of luggage for the bike. its a 2014. do you guys have any reccomendations? ive just been putting my wallet in the little tool pouch thing.

What are you planning on doing/carrying? (day rides vs. camping)

Old 05-05-2014, 07:00 PM
1st Gear Member

I'd get a small / medium tank bag first, then see if you need more. A tank bag is ideal for carrying your wallet, cell phone, camera, maps, snacks and reading glasses, if you're as old as I am. The big advantage is that you don't have to leave your seat to access any of these item, the camera being the one I use the most.

Many tank bags are held on with magnets, but my KLX didn't have enough tank metal showing to make a firm grip. Problem solve simply with additional straps and hooks.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member

I use an old tank bag on my rack. I zip tied the bottom bag holder portion onto my rack, then zipped on the bag.

Attached Thumbnails rack and or bag-image.jpg  
Old 05-06-2014, 01:22 AM
1st Gear Member

figure out your needs and what you want to do with the bike. I started out with a Wolfman Enduro tank bag and love it. Just big enough. I then swapped out the stock tool pouch for the Wolfman enduro tool bag. It provides lots more storage for proper tools although in my case it eliminated the ability to add a rear rack. I also have the Wolfman e-10 saddlebags and I like them and while they are fine for a weekend trip, you won't have enough storage to travel for a week with them unless you are the ultimate minimalist (I am not). I found that I needed side racks to keep the e-10s from compressing the side plastic into the hot exhaust. I bought the PMR racks and they work great and keep the bags in a better position. I also have a dirt-bike-gear number plate bag that works well. I swap out various configurations of all these bags depending on my ride. And no, I'm not affiliated with Wolfman...just a fan.

Last edited by bcliff; 05-06-2014 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I too love Wolfman, I've got the enduro tank bag and would recommend it. It's just the right size, fits the bike well and holds a decent amount. It's got 4 straps you can position on the bike with quick clip things so I bring the bag with me sometimes if I leave the bike parked out of sight. The Giant Loop looks legit for a rear set up and so does the Wolfman stuff.

Quick Reply: rack and or bag