Public Safety Announcement: Engine performance optimization creates unsafe condition.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member

To further augment this thread: I routinely see triple digit speeds on my KLX. Lucky are we, canadian owners!

Old 04-28-2016, 04:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Ray, someday your history books will read "then the yanks invaded, took away our metric system, and made us all wear guns.."

Canuck triple digits (100kph) = 62mph

"God save the Queen"

Last edited by Klxster; 04-28-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up

Just wanted to add that replicating your dyno tuned setup using OE kawasaki parts has worked perfectly for me here also.

#152 kehin main
N1-tc on 2nd notch
#40 pilot

Also found a way to reduce the perceived intake noise a bit by adding a blockoff plate to the front of the airbox.

Very hard to keep to the posted limit now!
Thanks for doing all the leg work

Old 04-28-2016, 05:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Well Rage, you've broken all the rules with that K152 main jet - so welcome to the club! lol..

Looks like you're running a LeoVince X2 on the stock header?
I'd guess without MCM because you have some intake "grawl"..?
Probably at sea level ..?

This would make you a candidate for my DJ140/2N lidless setup - so how did you determine the K152 would be appropriate?

Old 04-28-2016, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Two brothers on the stock header, lidless and removed backfire mesh.
I have the paray ignition and I'm running the australian ignition map with a higher rpm cut.
Im at sea level yes.
Used the jet cross reference chart to find the kehin equivilant to the dj140 https://www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_mik...ihin_sizes.htm

Going to grab a fresh plug today and do some plug chops to verify the tune. Feel and ears say its pretty much spot on tho

Old 04-28-2016, 07:21 PM
1st Gear Member

I am impressed with that JetsRus link - They know that DJ jets are different and that there is no direct crossover to a K jet. If their guidance is correct, that K152 will give you a top end AFR of right at or just below 13:1 ...

Any chance you can put the bike on a dyno for a HP, TRQ, AFR chart ?
That PayRay module - I am desperate to know the effects it has on the powerband. I expect a superior TRQ ramp-up and hope for increased overall TRQ throughout the curve.. You won't make much use of the higher cutoff until you go with a larger O.D. performance header..

Old 04-28-2016, 09:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm located on a small island but I do plan on hopping over the mainland to run it at some point. However I think the only dyno with an A/F analyser is down in Washington so it will be strip over the boarder to do so

Old 04-29-2016, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member

There's a border?
Can't you just drive south till you see "Stop" rather than "Arręte" signs?

Based on PWJM's measurements of the N1TC vs DJ0228(the needle in the 2152 kit) , and your results @2N, 2N would be the best choice with the top notch (1N) likely being the only other option. The N1 is significantly shorter than the 228, with a thicker straight section, but with very similar taper. The thicker straight section is significant as that will keep that K152 from overfueling the low to mid range better than the 228 - if top notches are used on the N1TC..

Once one achieves a high level of understanding about the CVK, you know that regardless of the needle selection, it is simply used to keep a properly sized main jet (properly sized for maximum top end power @ WOT) from overfueling the low and midrange..

Last edited by Klxster; 04-29-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I've gotten mine to 95 (actual) up here at 6,000 ft. Had a bit of grunt left, but I chickened out.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:10 PM
1st Gear Member

ARL, are you running a CVK on a stockbore? If so, what is your current CVK setup, airbox config, and exhaust..?

95mph @ 6k ASL is unexpected.

BTW, I need to know how to aquire the clamps you used to attach the stock heat shield to the MegaBomb..?

Quick Reply: Public Safety Announcement: Engine performance optimization creates unsafe condition.